Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Get a NowTV season pass for £200, split it with a mate/your dad = £10/month.

What should I do about the other games that Sky don't show, which are the vast majority? Should I just not watch them even though I know how to and they're available for free at the press of a button on my phone? Or should I take the stance of "Well I've paid SOMETHING, so I deserve to pirate these ones?"

Was just a response to people saying Sky Sports costs at least £33/month or £600+ a year, it doesn't.

So without sounding thick, sharing the cost of SS on nowtv means you can use the account on multiple devices?

And what do you get for 20quid exactly?

Me and my Dad did things a different way, I dont have sky etc, just plusnet, so I purchased BT sport app for 10 and Dad bought sky sports Pl and sky sports football for 10, then we shared accounts, so we have all games covered at 10 each.

By sharing accounts you're breaking the law too.

I'm pretty sure that isn't true with Now TV? Unless it's changed, all their T&Cs used to specify was that you could stream a maximum of two devices from different IPs simultaneously.

Yeah, for your own use. Not to share with a mate to split the cost. :lol:

Me and my Dad share the same Babestation account, helps save us both a few quid

Why not just watch together?

Someone has to keep toot outside the living room to stop my mam walking in

So Babestation isn’t shot live then?

I always thought that PPV would work for football, but obviously it didn't. They should be doing staggered pricing for matches though - £10 to watch Liverpool v Man United, £3 to watch Villa v Brighton for example. I pay for sky sports but most of the matches they televise I just watch to justify the expense.

Would love a PPV option as that would be a lot more cost effective for me than ordering a package with a lot of matches and channels I don't watch or use. However I think it would be more ammunition for the bigger clubs to claim more of the TV money when they can show to increased buy rates to their matches compared to smaller teams which again would make things more uneven then they already are so I am a bit torn on whether it's a good or bad idea.

This is the problem with PPV, or at least the perceived problem. Brighton would end up getting far less revenue than Man U, especially under that model, so the majority of smaller clubs will always vote against the few larger clubs to prevent this.

I don't know the solution, but I know trying to charge me hundreds of pounds to watch a few matches with Sky then a few hundred more to watch a few more matches on BT isn't acceptable to me.

Well you could still centralise the revenue tbf, in that example. Because people are paying more to watch "bigger" games doesn't mean the money goes direct to the clubs involved.

Me and my Dad share the same Babestation account, helps save us both a few quid

Why not just watch together?

Someone has to keep toot outside the living room to stop my mam walking in

So Babestation isn’t shot live then?

giphy.gif

What should I do about the other games that Sky don't show, which are the vast majority? Should I just not watch them even though I know how to and they're available for free at the press of a button on my phone? Or should I take the stance of "Well I've paid SOMETHING, so I deserve to pirate these ones?"

Was just a response to people saying Sky Sports costs at least £33/month or £600+ a year, it doesn't.

So without sounding thick, sharing the cost of SS on nowtv means you can use the account on multiple devices?

Me and my Dad did things a different way, I dont have sky etc, just plusnet, so I purchased BT sport app for 10 and Dad bought sky sports Pl and sky sports football for 10, then we shared accounts, so we have all games covered at 10 each.

I'm pretty sure that isn't true with Now TV? Unless it's changed, all their T&Cs used to specify was that you could stream a maximum of two devices from different IPs simultaneously.

Does it now state this in the terms of service like? It's probably, at worst, frowned upon. Doubt anyone would be legally reprimanded for it in a million years. "Breaking the law" is a daft statement.

Does it now state this in the terms of service like? It's probably, at worst, frowned upon. Doubt anyone would be legally reprimanded for it in a million years. "Breaking the law" is a daft statement.

Yeah, I've already acknowledged that. But yes, these things are clearly not designed to be shared around. Same as Netflix. Loads of people split the cost, but it's designed for a family with different viewing habits in the same house, not you and 4 mates just paying less than £2/month each.

I just find the idea of people (Not saying you) abusing such systems then taking a moral high ground on piracy somewhat ridiculous. You can dress it up however you want but it's still - ultimately - the same outcome: The rights holder is being deprived of money that they're supposed to get. Just because you're using a legal login with someone's permission doesn't mean shit, because that person isn't allowed to let you use their login.

I'm using both phone apps, or BT on smart tv, and sky go app on ps4, it's not flawless but minimum 720p and very watchable.

BT app on the other hand is flawless full enhanced HD.

You dont get UHD mind.

Yeah it's 2 devices only at any one time, you can have 6 registered total, my friend and I have 2 TVs each registered plus our phones. You get 10 months of Sky Sports on NowTV for £200 to cover the football season, they do it every year (they've extended my pass automatically this year because of the circumstances).

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/now-tv-sky-sports-pass-deal-football

This deal is really excellent if anyone wants Sky Sports but doesn't want to pay top whack for it. £199 for the entire season for all the sports channels with the crucial added bonus that Now TV allows you to watch two screens at the same time so me and a mate have gone halves and are sharing the account, tenner a month each for the season.

Yeah, I've already acknowledged that. But yes, these things are clearly not designed to be shared around. Same as Netflix. Loads of people split the cost, but it's designed for a family with different viewing habits in the same house, not you and 4 mates just paying less than £2/month each.

I just find the idea of people (Not saying you) abusing such systems then taking a moral high ground on piracy somewhat ridiculous. You can dress it up however you want but it's still - ultimately - the same outcome: The rights holder is being deprived of money that they're supposed to get. Just because you're using a legal login with someone's permission doesn't mean shit, because that person isn't allowed to let you use their login.

I don't do this but I have when I was younger. It's certainly a better alternative to piracy either way, as the two people splitting would both likely turn to piracy if they didn't do it, meaning £0 income for the provider as opposed to at least one subscription... Which again, is why this sort of thing is not clamped down on.

My personal take on the entire thing is a big "fuck them" to the providers anyway. Scummy corporations like sky bleeding money is fantastic, not something I'd ever take a moral high ground over and I'd be quire happy if the lot of them vanished.

ChrisR working for Sky Virgin or some broadband company?

Fucking hell man, the amount of people using iptv amazon sticks, kodi early days online streams etc :lol:

And your laying the law down on abusing accounts that have been paid for,  :lol:

Loads of people share their netflix, if I go abroad and use the hotels ip to watch my sport app will I be in bother? :lol:

ChrisR working for Sky Virgin or some broadband company?

Fucking hell man, the amount of people using iptv amazon sticks, kodi early days online streams etc :lol:

And your laying the law down on abusing accounts that have been paid for,  :lol:

Loads of people share their netflix, if I go abroad and use the hotels ip to watch my sport app will I be in bother? :lol:

Erm, you're taking me the wrong way. I've never had Sky, either my own or someone else's. But I still watch all the football. :lol:

I'm just saying the people who account share can't take the moral high ground over those who pirate. That's all.

Actually a fair bit of my refusing to have sky was refusing to line Ashley's pockets. So if this goes through, I'll tell you what, I'll subscribe for a year in celebration. Seems only fair.

Caulkin saying it's OFF!

Apparently he didn't extend his subscription so his box is offline now.

Caulkin saying it's OFF!

Bellend  :razz: :razz: :razz:

Caulkin saying it's OFF!

Proper bantz!