Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

It's very probable that in a years time the oil price will have bounced back to the pre-Corona level.

If as reported they see us very much as a long term project I doubt it has much effect.

Guest godzilla

the whole point of the PIF is to diversify out of oil, you'd assume this deal would be something that wouldn't be of issue to them and more aramco and other energy related sector issues.

I don't think the actual buying of the club is an issue, it's probably how much they bankroll the club with.

Think they will have all their financial plans already in place over the next three years minimum. They are certainly very astute business people and will have taken the current events and the effects of this into their business plans when forecasting their budgets which will already be set.

the whole point of the PIF is to diversify out of oil, you'd assume this deal would be something that wouldn't be of issue to them and more aramco and other energy related sector issues.

I doubt Newcastle is a way to diversify their portfolio. It’s a marketing investment. This rumour is 99% sure bullshit but marketing generally seems to be the first thing cut when things dont go that well.

Sports and entertainment for 2030 initiative is of course a diversification from the reliance on oil.

you're also using the basics of business practiced in most countries around the world onto a sovereign wealth fund that has it's own investment thesis (or lack thereof).

if this deal doesn't happen, i doubt it has anything to do with oil prices in April and more to do on the direction of PIF long term. think big picture here.

Is there a way of seeing how many Twitter followers someone has gained? Would be interested to see if there’s many more following NUFC’s account the last week, particularly from Saudi Arabia.

Know this doesn't answer you, but would guess so. Two big accounts, for example:

Guest godzilla

I doubt Newcastle is a way to diversify their portfolio. It’s a marketing investment. This rumour is 99% sure bullshit but marketing generally seems to be the first thing cut when things dont go that well.

Sports and entertainment for 2030 initiative is of course a diversification from the reliance on oil.

you're also using the basics of business practiced in most countries around the world onto a sovereign wealth fund that has it's own investment thesis (or lack thereof).

if this deal doesn't happen, i doubt it has anything to do with oil prices in April and more to do on the direction of PIF long term. think big picture here.

Only way this deal doesn't happen is if the Premier League block it and that's not going to happen either.

Oil prices could collapse to negative eleventy, if a contract has been signed it's been signed.

And in any case, if you are trying to diversify your assets so they're less dependent on oil, deciding against buying a totally uncorrelated asset in a depressed market environment because oil prices are down would be a pretty dumb move.

Is anyone else still just thinking "na this ain't happening", despite all of the reports to the contrary?

I mean I just cant allow my brain to believe that not only will we be rid of MA but we might be filthy rich too.

Is anyone else still just thinking "na this ain't happening", despite all of the reports to the contrary?

I mean I just cant allow my brain to believe that not only will we be rid of MA but we might be filthy rich too.

My dad is. Everytime I try to talk about it he just goes 'not happening' but even still he's half joking. :lol: I think the thing that has almost banished any thought that it's not happening for me is that it's lawsuit territory if Ashley pulls out of the deal.

Yes. I’m not buying into anything before it is official. But I do like the excitement.

Guest godzilla

I really hope the saudis ban wraith from any sort of access

What's the prick doing now, I saw he was going onto Ryder's Instagram feed or something

Yes. I’m not buying into anything before it is official. But I do like the excitement.

This for me too. I refuse to get excited until it's sealed. Been bitten too many times before.

No, I’m like dick on the table excited and a total believer in the towel.