Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

He’s just blocked me.

He made a post about journalists making reports and that it makes NUFC fans anxious.

I said he had no self awareness and pointed out how he staged a mock funeral in front of the press.

He’s a bigger c*** now than he was in the early 90’s when I came across him and his dickhead mates while standing in the Milburn D paddock.

That was when he was still at the stage of writing love letters to the Kray twins in prison and trying to sell his shitty fanzine which I can’t remember the name of properly - something like No. 9 I think.

Was his fanzine around as early as that? I remember he did the one a few years back that covered Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough.

Tell me more about Steve, the young lad in the Mildburn paddock.

Yeah I’m sure it was called no9 or similar. A5 size and done with his mates like fat Matty and some fucker who’s name I can’t remember who looked like that thing from the Goonies.

There was a few of them who were in the D paddock, used to live heworth/wardley area from memory.

I’m talking ‘91-93 time.

He lives for attention. Why are we even talking about him?

There’s probably a high chance he’ll be reading this and seething at being called a cunt and not being able to do anything about it.

:lol: Lets all just call him a cunt then and we can get back to talking about other things.

I can't possibly support two rich clubs. Something's gonna go wrong here.

Nah think of NUFC as a nice distraction - your bit on the side if you will

I’ve done that with Barca for about 25 years!!

Guest godzilla

Isn’t he a member on here?

Who is he on here?

godzilla[/member]

You seem obsessed by me 😂😂

Guest godzilla

Isn’t he a member on here?

Who is he on here?

godzilla[/member]

You seem obsessed by me 😂😂

I am. I think you're lovely.

:lol: :lol:

Update: 

Takeover claim: 

no change yet

Monday morning brought a further flood of optimism from Newcastle fans that Mike Ashley's Toon tenure will soon be ended, following publication of a "deal done" story in the Times newspaper.

Upon closer inspection however, that report is a rehash of last week's claims, that a consortium comprising PIF aka the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia (80%), Amanda Staveley (10%) and David & Simon Reuben (10%) have agreed a £300m purchase of the club.

Non-disclosure agreements presumably mean that neither the seller nor the prospective purchasers can make any formal announcement - documentation lodged at Companies House confirmation of a contractual relationship between Staveley and NUFC, but giving an incomplete picture of the mooted sale. 

It's evident though that as was the case previously, the Staveley camp - or those claiming to be in the know - have  briefed that a deposit has been paid, both parties have signed off on the deal and that the Premier League are currently conducting ownership tests.

Those tests include not only a viability measure of the purchasing parties but also checks on key personnel, including the prospective Chairman, widely tipped to be PIF Governor, Yasir Al-Rumayyan.

Caution remains the watchword here though: we may never have been closer to seeing a change of ownership, but it's premature to say it's done - and that Ashley has completely severed his connections with NUFC and SJP.

And as for the ramifications of becoming part of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's global empire, we'll worry about that when we sober up. 

Love the guys at Nufc.com they always seem to post or update their site with sensible content, they're nothing like Ryder or the Chron goons, or nufc360 in terms of desperation to get something out there. I tend to feel when it's on their site its probably when it is concrete.

Hearing very bad things about the impact of the oil price collapse on this deal. Potentially a moratorium on all state-backed acquisitions as the Saudis seek to consolidate their cash position.

Guest neesy111

Hearing very bad things about the impact of the oil price collapse on this deal. Potentially a moratorium on all state-backed acquisitions as the Saudis seek to consolidate their cash position.

Their deficit will be massive with oil at $10 a barrel, I think it has to be at $80 to break even.  Still got deep pockets mind, only thing it will affect is probably the investment they put into the club.

Absolute nonsense. Since corona occurred everyone has known, the Saudis more acutely than anyone, that oil could end up at effectively zero as they run out of space to store it due to the huge drop in demand. Every economist and bank has been writing about $10 barrels for months. They also know that the price drop is temporary and will correct over the months and years to come with shale being far lower margin and there likely being a demand surge as lockdowns unwind. There is zero chance that what is happening now hasn’t been factored in and considered.