Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

the shelvey hate also seems odd to me, he's not perfect but hes been a solid enough player for us

I think it was in reference to some quotes attributed to him saying that the lads were enjoying training more under the new “gaffer”

why would this suprise anyone? Rafa's never exactly been loved by players respected sure but I'd imagine Bruce's training sessions are a lot more enjoyable than Rafa's. As good for the team probably not

What's he supposed to say? "To be honest, the training is shit now. It was much better under Rafa, as I am sure you could have all predicted, so yeh we're definitely at a disadvantage now". I'm sure he was asked a generic question about life under Bruce or current life at the club and just gave a generic positive soundbye answer. Love a bit of wor Jonj.

There is going to be a statement on Tuesday.

Guess or fact?

That Journalist who is mates with ASM said they are meeting up on Tuesday for a meeting.  Then replied to someone saying hopefully get a statement at the least

I feel like someone who has been kept hostage by my abuser for 13 years, and now they've opened the door and told me I can leave.

I can see the daylight and smell the fresh air, but I'm just waiting for them to slam the door shut and laugh maniacally at me for even thinking freedom was a possibility. My brain won't even let me begin to process what life on the outside may feel like.

I'm Stockholmed up to the eyeballs here. :lol:

I feel like someone who has been kept hostage by my abuser for 13 years, and now they've opened the door and told me I can leave.

I can see the daylight and smell the fresh air, but I'm just waiting for them to slam the door shut and laugh maniacally at me for even thinking freedom was a possibility. My brain won't even let me begin to process what life on the outside may feel like.

I get the sentiment, I'm in a similar camp to you, but I don't think you quite understand what Stockholm syndrome is :lol:

I get the sentiment, I'm in a similar camp to you, but I don't think you quite understand what Stockholm syndrome is :lol:

You don't think Mike's sexy?

I heard from someone who knows someone (yes, I know!)who works at the club that mid May was the expected change of ownership. Looks plausible with the PL tests.

Fair point re Stockholm.

I know it's not that, and I even looked online to see if there's a similar thing which does describe how I feel but couldn't find anything. So for some reason chose to stick with Stockholm syndrome even though I knew it was wrong.

Maybe when I come off a 3-hour video call I should grab a coffee before I start typing on internet forums. :lol:

If they keep Bruce on he could actually fuck the whole thing up.

If he buys a lot of shit will be hamstrung by FFP and it will make the job of the next manager much more difficult.

Nee worries mate, Saudia - the world renowned national airline of Saudi Arabia will sponsor our twitter page for 150 million.

I think you're allowed about £100m in losses over the last three years so that gives us 100 to play with.

Shirt sponsor, stadium naming rights, training ground sponsorship, advertising in the stadium could realistically add another 100 or so simply because Fat Mike never bothered with it.  That's £200m to spend and still within FFP without even trying to increase our other revenue streams or playing some dodgy accounting games.

£200m will go a lot further next season as well, as many are predicting transfer fees are going to come crashing down because of the pandemic. One bloke was on telly yesterday saying there would be more swap deals rather than cash fees.

I heard from someone who knows someone (yes, I know!)who works at the club that mid May was the expected change of ownership. Looks plausible with the PL tests.

Thought many sources expected late April or early May? First time I've heard a mid-May timescale.

£200m will go a lot further next season as well, as many are predicting transfer fees are going to come crashing down because of the pandemic. One bloke was on telly yesterday saying there would be more swap deals rather than cash fees.

Importantly - £200M is the figure we hear they have put into their submission to the Premier League.

I don't think that figure means anything at all, other than it is "what they put in the necessary documentation".

I mean, they are not going to TELL the Premier League that they are going to spend over the FFP limits . . are they !!!

I assume there are ways around it. Like paying over the odds for a player and having the payments staggered. So the outlay over a season falls within those parameters but it’s basically on the limit every season for multiple deals?

All I have in my head is when krusty the clown keeps saying 'ten grand' to everything that gets thrown at him :lol:

That'll be us. Throw money at everything, nee fucks given.  We'll be sound.

All I have in my head is when krusty the clown keeps saying 'ten grand' to everything that gets thrown at him :lol:

That'll be us. Throw money at everything, nee f***s given.  We'll be sound.

:lol:

That'll be us. Throw money at everything, nee fucks given.  We'll be sound.

:lol: :lol: condor egg omelettes in the hospitality boxes