Jeff Hendrick: Released (Official)

gdm

• 4 weeks later...

Whether this useless twat is sold or loaned or ends up freeloading for the next 6 months, I hope he's made to train with the U23s.

Nice bloke or not, will always be associated as a Bruce patsy in my eyes.

Props to Steve Bruce for loaning in Nabil Bentaleb for six months and then managing to go out and replace him with someone even less effective, some achievement.

A shining example of "free transfer does not always equal good value". See also Colback, Jack.

Sheff W will likely go down, they won't be able to retain his wages next season and he'll be left scratching around for another door to darken next summer, only mercifully not whilst being paid coin from our coffers any longer.

Meh, he ran around a bit but it was consistently hard to see a stand out skill he had. I sometimes wonder if playing on the wing for Burnley did more harm than good. It made him a 'Premier League player', but it reduced his game to run up and down and lump it forward. Now he doesn't seem to know how to play any other way. 

I hold no ill will to him, but his departure represents another crumbling brick from the Ashley era being removed.