Jamal Lewis (on loan at Watford)

joeyt

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s been given a chance to go on loan, to get games, he’d rather sit it out in the under 23s, Ritchie, as shite as he is, I’d far rather pin my hopes on his character helping us out off the field if not on it in our dire situation than Lewis who can get to fuck now like.

Lewis looked decent under Howe, far better than Ritchie though it was a very short space of time due to his injury

13 minutes ago, Menace said:

Living proof that our squad is full of twats that will never get a contract like this ever again

Aye that's why they never complained about Bruce's slack methods, they were just coasting like him, this is potentially why Howe has chosen Ritchie over him.

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Lewis looked decent under Howe, far better than Ritchie though it was a very short space of time due to his injury

Decent meaning he wasn’t turbo shit, he can do one now, refusing game time FFS.

Think Howe wants a defensively solid left backs at the minute to cover for ASM's lack of defensive ability on that side of the pitch.

No idea why this guy wouldn't go out to get more games. Pretty weird and awkward hanging about the place when the team made you available for loan.

It could have been a really rubbish club that came in for him though, so should probably cut the guy some slack.

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Decent meaning he wasn’t turbo shit, he can do one now, refusing game time FFS.

Yeah, he can.  He has the potential and was ruined under bruce but playing week in week out could give him a decent career.  As it stands if he doesn't go out and play he'll rot and be a Championship player rest of his career at best.

12 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s been given a chance to go on loan, to get games, he’d rather sit it out in the under 23s, Ritchie, as shite as he is, I’d far rather pin my hopes on his character helping us out off the field if not on it in our dire situation than Lewis who can get to fuck now like.

I agree him turning down games is shite but not in place of the corner flag pashun merchant. 

This guy is Championship quality - one decent game hasn't changed my opinion and the sort that we used to look to buy in the hopes of selling for a profit in the Ashley era, a model that we have become less effective at year by year under him.

7 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I agree him turning down games is shite but not in place of the corner flag pashun merchant. 

What has he done to earn his place though over say Ritchie? Just because Ritchie is shite, again I know who I’d rather have in my corner… Lewis has been badly mismanaged by Bruce, but I’ve seem enough that makes me think he has also been responsible for his poor displays too. Others have been mismanaged but somehow found form and stood up.

To sack off game time is piss poor at this stage of his career, he’s clearly not wanted. He’s a coward and can rot in the under 23s for all I care. Thankfully we won’t be putting up with such dross and no marks for much longer. At least a Ritchie has earned things and proved himself here and fought his way back even, if again, he’s shite. Give me that any day of the week. I don’t demand a club that wins, but a club that tries. Same applies with the players.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

What has he done to earn his place though over say Ritchie? Just because Ritchie is shite, again I know who I’d rather have in my corner… Lewis has been badly mismanaged by Bruce, but I’ve seem enough that makes me think he has also been responsible for his poor displays too. Others have been mismanaged but somehow found form and stood up.

To sack off game time is piss poor at this stage of his career, he’s clearly not wanted. He’s a coward and can rot in the under 23s for all I care. Thankfully we won’t be putting up with such dross and no marks for much longer. At least a Ritchie has earned things and proved himself here and fought his way back even, if again, he’s shite. Give me that any day of the week. I don’t demand a club that wins, but a club that tries. Same applies with the players.

I'd rather players that try and potentially aren't shite than do try and actually are shite. 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

I'd rather players that try and potentially aren't shite than do try and actually are shite. 

But Lewis is shite and if he had anything about him, he’d try and prove that by going away to get game time. Ideally most won’t be here next season, and I’m sure they won’t, but Ritchie vs Lewis is neither here nor there, only one is made of a much better character! When beggars can’t be choosers, give me leadership and character and hard work over the alternative, when it’s shite vs shite anyway.

3 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Happy to see Howe move on from the ones he knows don’t have the heart for the run-in. 

I do trust Howe's judgment, mind. But I've always had faith in Lewis once he received decent coaching so it is disappointing. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

But Lewis is shite and if he had anything about him, he’d try and prove that by going away to get game time. Ideally most won’t be here next season, and I’m sure they won’t, but Ritchie vs Lewis is neither here nor there, only one is made of a much better character! When beggars can’t be choosers, give me leadership and character and hard work over the alternative, when it’s shite vs shite anyway.

pashun

Either way let's just hope Howe's made the right choice. I have faith in him so hopefully he has.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I do trust Howe's judgment, mind. But I've always had faith in Lewis once he received decent coaching so it is disappointing. 

Totally agree and think that Lewis would come good too but I think this has been a personality judgement call on Howe’s part. He knows the lads way more than we do and has deemed him not up to the relegation battle unfortunately. 

Given the option of either:

1) Deactivated from the squad and no football until August 2022 at the earliest whilst picking up PL wages 

or 

2) Go out on loan, stay fit, play games every week and possibly impress scouts who may be watching whilst still picking up thousands of £ each week. 

Any cunt choosing option 1 can fuck clean off. Absolutely fucking done with them as players and individuals. They've got every right to make their choice and sit it out each week, no problem. I've also got every right to think they're a greedy, cowardly little fuck for doing so. Works both ways. 

It's possible that Howe thought he can send Lewis off to get some games and be ready to fight for the position in the summer.  What if Lewis said, "I want to stay and fight for the job", and Howe says, "You're on" and he deregisters Ritchie or Dummett.  Dummett's always crocked, Ritchie's days as  winger are long gone.  Murphy can take Ritchie's spot as the all around wide guy - he won't be needed as an RB so he can start retraining to deputy both wings.

Just now, Consortium of one said:

It's possible that Howe thought he can send Lewis off to get some games and be ready to fight for the position in the summer.  What if Lewis said, "I want to stay and fight for the job", and Howe says, "You're on" and he deregisters Ritchie or Dummett.  Dummett's always crocked, Ritchie's days as  winger are long gone.  Murphy can take Ritchie's spot as the all around wide guy - he won't be needed as an RB so he can start retraining to deputy both wings.

This is a possibility but I'd be surprised 

Guess we'll find out once the squad is submitted

he's gonna regret this. think he might just be a little peeved and pissed off at the moment and refusing to leave.

does the loan market to champo clubs shut tonight?

could he still go out on loan abroad?