Callum Wilson

Strawberry

11 hours ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Looks off the pace for whatever reason. Post take over, is this the longest run he’s gone without scoring when he’s started? 

Caught covid in December, looks like it’s still showing some effects 

3 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Caught covid in December, looks like it’s still showing some effects 

He’s definitely not firing on all cylinders. Watched him really closely in QF game, and seems that his touch/decision making wasn’t as consistently good as we’d (and he’d) expect. Perhaps just a form/opportunity thing rather than a running on empty fatigue thing. Maybe needs more time rather than benched, but Eddie and crew will make that call. Regardless of what happens beyond that, if he’s fit enough for 90 mins, I’ll be surprised if Isak doesn’t start away to Southampton. 

13 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Looks a bit isolated

Agree with this. He could do with the other forwards or front midfielder being closer to him when gets the ball. As it is, he’s needing about 3 touches to get it to a teammate. That’s too many. He needs closer support. 

4 hours ago, Lotus said:

Agree with this. He could do with the other forwards or front midfielder being closer to him when gets the ball. As it is, he’s needing about 3 touches to get it to a teammate. That’s too many. He needs closer support. 

I’d like to see us play with a 10 sometimes.  I liked how Isak played off Wilson against Fulham. 

On 21/01/2023 at 16:46, LFEE said:

Our wide front three do tend to stay very wide. Maybe something to work on and mix it up a bit. Also I’d like our wingers to swap sides occasionally. Today a classic example of having the pace either side to get beyond full backs but both crossing with their weaker foot.

Agree. They could swap for a few minutes here and there. At the very least it gives the defensive opponents more to think about.