Callum Wilson: sidelined for up to 12 weeks with pectoral injury (Hope)

Strawberry

I’m not as down on him as some TBH. He isn’t getting as involved as before for sure, but he’s still showing good hold up play at times and was a key part of that goal that should have been allowed. 

Isak is going to be better pretty soon of course, if he isn’t already. But if they’re just easing him in then fair enough. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m not as down on him as some TBH. He isn’t getting as involved as before for sure, but he’s still showing good hold up play at times and was a key part of that goal that should have been allowed. 

Isak is going to be better pretty soon of course, if he isn’t already. But if they’re just easing him in then fair enough. 

I agree. Don't think he has had any real service or chances recently tbf.

He seems half a yard slower than before the WC and his touch has been poor the last two games. 

He had some great moments against Leicester and Fulham. But overall, since the return after the break. I feel like he has been well below his best. 

The service to him hasn’t been great. But when we have been getting it in good areas. He’s been stood still a lot of the time and not attacking the box like you’d expect. 

All the players seem to have lost their selfish streak. Not sure if that's instruction from the gaffer to keep recycling the ball to maintain possession and pull opposition out of position. Miggy, Bruno, Maxi, Wilson they all were in shooting positions in or just outside the box to "give it ago" but instead were trying the sideways pass to someone else in a crowded well organised box it often doesn't work due to the number of bodies in the way.

2 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

All the players seem to have lost their selfish streak. Not sure if that's instruction from the gaffer to keep recycling the ball to maintain possession and pull opposition out of position. Miggy, Bruno, Maxi, Wilson they all were in shooting positions in or just outside the box to "give it ago" but instead were trying the sideways pass to someone else in a crowded well organised box it often doesn't work due to the number of bodies in the way.

Wilson seemed like he was playing hot potato rather than football last night. 

In fairness to him, trying to return to top level sport after a bad illness must be absolutely brutal. Howe clearly didn’t want to risk Isak to early so Wilson has had to play, I’m confident he will be back to himself in no time.

37 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

So our go to move seems to be tight passing across the right side of the box and the ball being played across.

These are the ones I think he should be poaching... But then again it is a lottery where longstaff's or miggys crosses will end up.

I think thats harsh, Wilson should patrolling the 6 yard box and anything anywhere near should be his.

5 hours ago, nufcjmc said:

I noticed this last night, mainly as I had Bruno down for a total shots bet and a few times I was thinking he would have a go but instead made a pass.