Callum Wilson

Strawberry

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Salary in line with our top earners tells me his first choice. 

You've completely misunderstood my post.

I'm saying in 2 years time, when he's 32, he might not be first choice, in fact it's a certainty given his injury problems but even in that capacity he's a great option.

1 minute ago, STM said:

You've completely misunderstood my post.

I'm saying in 2 years time, when he's 32, he might not be first choice, in fact it's a certainty given his injury problems but even in that capacity he's a great option.

Fair enough, injuries permitting of course

15 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

"When Wilson joined from Bournemouth for £20million ($22.3m) in 2020, he turned down Aston Villa, accepting a lower salary than they were offering to go to Newcastle."

:lol: Villa, absolutely finished

Someone tell Villa Watch.

Great news. Even if his minutes decrease in coming seasons he’ll still be huge for the team and dressing room. I hope he stays fit and gets a solid run in the team over the next couple months. Be great seeing us play Man U, Spurs etc with a proper first 11.

I love this news. He’s easily one of our leaders/captains and with the pay rise and added responsibility of bringing through Isak, Kuol and of course still being a top striker for us. 

great news.

his family were coming up over the summer to move here but i think there were a few issues finding somewhere they liked.

at least with a long term contract, they should all be settled knowing he's gonna be here hopefully another 2-3 years.

On 01/10/2022 at 22:13, Disco said:

A massively underrated shithouse too. Can tell he worked his way up the leagues.

Came in here to post this.  I never realised it until we signed him.  Lovely smile, handsome chap, kind face.  Absolute shithouse of the highest order.  

That body check on, I think it was Ream?  Knew exactly what he was doing.  Always chirping and chipping away at defenders.  Decided to get stuck into the Fulham fans a bit with his celebration, even :lol:  Which seems harsh, they are like polite Rugby Union fans, probably even more tame, really.  Trippier was having none of it and seemed to be pushing him away.  

Not sure who we rely on more out of Bruno, ASM and Wilson.  But my God, the way we attack is totally different and so much better with Wilson leading the line.  He regularly seems to be marshalling the wide men and demanding the ball off the midfielders.

Just a great 9.  Really hope he can last at least get 10-15 games in a row without getting crocked again.    

4 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

"When Wilson joined from Bournemouth for £20million ($22.3m) in 2020, he turned down Aston Villa, accepting a lower salary than they were offering to go to Newcastle."

:lol: Villa, absolutely finished

He’s a Coventry lad. He hates Villa.