Football governance

Nobody

15 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I wouldn’t blame any who did, either. 

I would. 100k/week to stand on the side of the ordinary fans and the fabric of the game itself or 200k/week to be part of a grim soulless business venture. They can all get fucked.

Most of the teams involved aren't even in the top positions of their respective leagues, or have been crap for ages.

AC Milan ffs :lol: their last 7 season finishes are 6th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th, 10th, 8th. Arsenal are a shell of their former self, Tottenham are still really a mid-table team. This is no super league.

Owners and sponsors have become too powerful. Power needs to be taken back by the fans. Over and over, decisions have been made that negatively affect the game and enough is enough. These teams think they have a right to receive a certain level of oncome without earning it, they can fuck off.

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Thought and hoped we would have a more formalized statement from the leagues and UEFA by now. Have little faith they are doing anything but shitting the bed and bending over backwards to woo these 12 back. 

There's probably an army of lawyers currently on a Zoom call with Richard Masters.

One of Neville's tweet nailed it on its head. The nerve of this lot sharing €3bn among themselves and then turning up on Saturdays for a kickabout. That's the point really. They have their own party and their own cash, yet they aren't willing to let go of what they currently get too. The absolute greed.

Just now, TaylorJ_01 said:

Most of the teams involved aren't even in the top positions of their respective leagues, or have been crap for ages.

AC Milan ffs :lol: their last 7 season finishes are 6th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th, 10th, 8th. Arsenal are a shell of their former self, Tottenham are still really a mid-table team. This is no super league.

Owners and sponsors have become too powerful. Power needs to be taken back by the fans. Over and over, decisions have been made that negatively affect the game and enough is enough. These teams think they have a right to receive a certain level of oncome without earning it, they can fuck off.

or equally our situation and the bottom feeders after a quick buck. Sportswashing, Super League, PFM's, Jobs for the boys/know your place. It's fucking rotten and I hate it actually.

54 minutes ago, lxsln said:

Can fans of the Spanish clubs block their participation?

Atlético aren't fan-owned, so they can't. Real Madrid are, but they are "one man, one vote", Florentino being that man. 

Barça will probably put it to a membership vote next autumn. Everybody I know is against it, but I can see it the board passing it if they campaign strongly on "vote yes or we'll fold".

If they wanna f*ck off, let em go on condition that they are forced to resign from the FA and Premier League. I sure as f* ck wont be watching no European Super League

("elite wankers" give me an excuse to post this 😜)

14 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

One of Neville's tweet nailed it on its head. The nerve of this lot sharing €3bn among themselves and then turning up on Saturdays for a kickabout. That's the point really. They have their own party and their own cash, yet they aren't willing to let go of what they currently get too. The absolute greed.

Their super league would be a white elephant without the backbone of the Premier league, that's why. None of these top 6 will have the balls to break away if the PL threaten to kick them out. Just depends if the PL can hold their nerve. 

I want the leagues to expel the teams, but they'd be murdering their own product at the same time. Can't see it. 

The extra money from the super league would give the 6 teams a massive advantage at home as well. Especially since they're in it permanently. 

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Don't EPL rules mean that you need a 75% vote to remove them so as long as one doesn't break rank you'd struggle to kick them out. Hopefully Uefa boot them all out of their competitions and make the players ineligible for the Euros.

Potentially stupid idea not really thought through, but could the other 14 not vote to rejoin the football league and then stop promotion from the football league to the PL?  

2 minutes ago, Robster said:

Charnley's chance to shine :lol:

Do you think they'd still have him making the teas even though it's over Zoom? 

At least we know what he's up to for the rest of today: figuring out how to make virtual tea.