Football governance

Nobody

The timing of this makes no fucking sense. I guess they are trying to head off the new champions league announcement, but it screws the clubs still left in the champions league. Surely Man City knew they would be out of the CL as soon as this news broke and they left the ECA? Though I suppose the money men aren't actually bothered about winning things. 

Just now, Adam said:

The timing of this makes no fucking sense. I guess they are trying to head off the new champions league announcement, but it screws the clubs still left in the champions league. Surely Man City knew they would be out of the CL as soon as this news broke and they left the ECA? Though I suppose the money men aren't actually bothered about winning things. 

Bidding for the next lot of PL TV rights was literally about to start. This is the moment of maximum leverage in terms of the English teams and PL. Those TV rights will be basically worthless until this is sorted out.

2 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

championies

1995/6, 1996/7, 2001/2, 2002/3, 2003/4 & 2011/12 (well done Pards).

Also FA Cup winners 1974, 1998, 1999, and we’ll have to play Blackburn in a Play-Off for the 2005 one.

League Cup winners 1976 as well. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, jotenko said:

This means that classic clubs that are not sold to Arab money will get a chance to compete in Europe again?

Benfica, NUFC, Ajax, Napoli, etc?

Awesome!

That does sound class tbf

Just now, Rosenrot said:

Bidding for the next lot of PL TV rights was literally about to start. This is the moment of maximum leverage in terms of the English teams and PL. Those TV rights will be basically worthless until this is sorted out.

Exactly what those clubs wanted. They bring this up every 3 years when the deal comes up so they can have extra money. This is what they want, a larger slice of the pie to ensure their commitment to the league.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I can’t see anything on BBC confirming the cancellation of those games, even though they’re quoted as a source. 

Aye, UEFA would have it up themselves if it was official