Football governance

Nobody

Just now, Wullie said:

I think they probably think that players are as greedy as they are. But I don't think they're right, not that players aren't keen to get their hands on a few quid, but that so many of them will be interested in hitching their careers to a perennial friendly tournament, most of them playing for nothing. This thing has no jeopardy at all. 

I’ll be interested to see what happens too. It also depends on the nature of the contracts the clubs have in place. 

We can be certain that these talks have been going on for years so it depends on how prepared these clubs have been. 

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

£1 million a week wages or play for your country. What you going to choose?

Right? :lol:

People are deluded thinking players are gonna take a stand here. Other than a few conscientious objectors, maybe.

This is their job, they aren't going to view it the same way we do. Will they like it? Probably not. But long term they're probably gonna be earning a lot more money for playing in fewer games. They'll come around.

20 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

So they'll be playing just 1 midweek game every week with no international games for players? 

20 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Kicking out clubs from next season when they’ve already left 😂

The idea was to play league (Premier League) games on a weekend, and have the Super League on mid-week like a Champions league - no idea how that'd work for internationals too etc mind - not like it can happen now anyways.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I’ll be interested to see what happens too. It also depends on the nature of the contracts the clubs have in place. 

We can be certain that these talks have been going on for years so it depends on how prepared these clubs have been. 

Sponsors will be lining up and I would guess that many deals will already be in place. These clubs will have made sure everything is in place beforehand.

Just now, Big Geordie said:

Sponsors will be lining up and I would guess that many deals will already be in place. These clubs will have made sure everything is in place beforehand.

I’m not 100% sure they’re that professional. Look at how FIFA do their deals... seat of the pants and brown envelopes all over the place.

The launch of this doesn't bode well at all. 

6 minutes ago, triggs said:

Think it's a bigger threat from UEFA. I don't think FIFA will care that much as it's not really their business

The statement from Fifa is basically ‘crack on lads’

2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Without a doubt. This all frees the cartel from the rules laid down by Uefa so I expect games to be played at Asian friendly timings to increase the commercial reach. 

Remember this is business, JP Morgan have to make this huge expenditure into a profit.