Football governance

Nobody

It doesn’t seem real at all. A leak, followed by a website done by an 8 year-old and a badly written press release.

And this is for the elite of the elite in world sport? Football is absolutely riddled with cowboys and people with much more money than brain cells.

Insane. 

1 minute ago, BlufPurdi said:

We're not actually shocked are we? A little shocked at the audacity of it, but I feel like this has been inevitable. Half the reason I wanted the Saudis was so we had a chance of joining it. :lol: 

You wouldn’t want us to join it anyway surely?

This is a good read. Any merit based qualifiers are basically excluded  from the income shared by the 'founders' and there's basically no financial incentive to win the cunt. 

So obscenely blatant like but above all else, completely dull. 

1 minute ago, BlufPurdi said:

We're not actually shocked are we? A little shocked at the audacity of it, but I feel like this has been inevitable. Half the reason I wanted the Saudis was so we had a chance of joining it. :lol: 

No decent and proper football fan would want to be part of that charade.

Just now, Rafalove said:

You wouldn’t want us to join it anyway surely?

Previously when I thought of the potential Super League, I actually assumed domestic football would die. Also thought that due to my belief FAs around the world would actually be the pushers of it. I didn't realise that most people are actually against this so thought I was going along with the flow so yeah, until today I did want to join theoretically, with MBS splashing the cash. :lol: :blush: 

Also should add I have no interest in football much, so it was never really a pure thought out thing. 

5 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

One game a week. No other club competitions. No international breaks. How fucking boring to be a player in that league, man. 

At least the money will make up for it. 

Tbf, isn't the plan to effectively kill of the Champions League and still remain in your domestic competitions?

Is there any indication at all about where the income is coming from for this thing? Who on earth is paying billion after billion after billion to watch this yawnfest with no tangible links to traditional football competition on repeat? Is it really just at simple as showcasing events in less accessible places with wealthy upper classes? Is there no reliance on the traditional fan whatsoever? Just don't get it at all, and still can't see it, I'm spite of all the waves tonight. Just seems like a dramatic way of telling them they're unsatisfied with the Swiss league CL reforms. 

2 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

If the chief of PR is a Tory you can probably expect some olive branches soon. Big funds for participant domestic leagues, grassroots etc. Sow the "maybe it's not THAT bad then" seed.

I don't think there's any way to redeem this and judging by the plans, they don't intend to make any effort to either.

Edited by TheInfiniteOdyssey

Just now, Pandamninator said:

Tbf, isn't the plan to effectively kill of the Champions League and still remain in your domestic competitions?

It is. The whole project is a fuck you to UEFA for not bending to their ludicrous demands for the CL.