Football governance

Nobody

Just now, Wullie said:

If UEFA/FIFA stand by their threat to ban players from international competition then this thing already has a big problem. Players aren't going to let the greedy parasites who own the club they happen to play for dictate whether they can play for their country or not.

I thought this too. But ultimately doesn’t it depend on how much they can be paid off? And also, is that a serious threat from UEFA and FIFA? A World Cup without the biggest players. 

I think we will see some form of settlement where everyone gets a piece of the pie and of course the average fan will end up being the loser. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

If the clubs become expelled then everybody loses. PL loses six of its most valuable assets, thereby causing the value of the whole operation to plummet, and everyone in the pyramid suffers; meanwhile the ESL can't sustain itself as the clubs start haemorrhaging superstars who don't want to face the sanctions. I just can't see that happening.

It's just a dirty blackmail, imo. There'll be some shitty compromise eventually. 

Tend to agree, it seems too absolutely mental to actually take place. Who knows obviously, but that’s the way I’m leaning at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

To be clear a very vocal minority are complaining about this. I think we as a club are an excellent cast study as are MK dons. Football fans are basically battered wives at this point. 

Overwhelming majority is negative on social media and on that point everyone in the media is ripping it the same sheep wont ignore what it says in the sun and educated heroes like Rio Ferdinand and Robbie Savage. :)

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I thought this too. But ultimately doesn’t it depend on how much they can be paid off? And also, is that a serious threat from UEFA and FIFA? A World Cup without the biggest players. 

I think we will see some form of settlement where everyone gets a piece of the pie and of course the average fan will end up being the loser. 

Think it's a bigger threat from UEFA. I don't think FIFA will care that much as it's not really their business

11 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Be nice if Klopp resigns and leaves them without a manager for Saturday.

I would be more confident if it was us going into the game without a manager mind. 

If the PL excluded this lot I'd find it tempting to throw myself into PL more than ever, get us a new good owner FFS. Absolutely fuck them, would love to see English league go on strong without them. Can't see them having the backbone but would love these clubs to get absolutely crushed and see fan-owned FC United of Manchester types rise up in their place, I know I'm just fantasizing.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I think they probably think that players are as greedy as they are. But I don't think they're right, not that players aren't keen to get their hands on a few quid, but that so many of them will be interested in hitching their careers to a perennial friendly tournament, most of them playing for nothing. This thing has no jeopardy at all. 

1 minute ago, Ketsbaia said:

I'm just overwhelmed that this could be the biggest event in football history.

And the consequences of this, if FIFA, UEFA and the FAs stay strong, could be monumental.

Putting faith in the principles and integrity of this pack of bastards :yao: