Elliot Anderson

joeyt

1 hour ago, James said:

Either he stays with us or we send him to the Eredivisie for a year which I think would be better for him than the English leagues

Championship would be better than the Dutch league imo

Would be good to see him get a full game in one of the home friendlies.

All depends on whether we can get more players in as to whether I'd be happy for him to stay or not. 

From what i have seen of him so far I'd keep and use from the bench, looks a confident lad that always wants the ball and gets into nice pockets of space. Could have a similar impact to what Gordon had at Everton.

54 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Look at players who had a similar profile like Gallagher, Harvey Elliott, Mount, Barnes and even Grealish.

All thrived with Championship experience

They were all nowhere near their first-team though and Grealish was getting a fairly regular run-out in the PL before they went down. Anderson can't be far behind Fraser, Almiron and Murphy if at all. He'll get plenty of minutes with the squad as it is.

35 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They were all nowhere near their first-team though and Grealish was getting a fairly regular run-out in the PL before they went down. Anderson can't be far behind Fraser, Almiron and Murphy if at all. He'll get plenty of minutes with the squad as it is.

Barnes got recalled to Leicester's first team in the winter and played for them in the 2nd half of that season

I'd rather keep him around the squad but if it was between the championship and eredivisie I'd much rather he went to the former 

It’s best for his development to go and play every game somewhere else even if we can make use of him for cup games and some sub appearances. He’s shown he’s to good for league 1 so they will be looking at a much higher standard than that.

As things stand, I’d give him 6 months of training with the first team and opportunities from the bench with a view to looking at getting him into a Championship team pushing for promotion. 

Game time is important, but I think he could benefit more from working with our own coaching staff just now. 

I think whether a loan is good depends on the manager and facilities at the loaning club.

For example, playing under someone like Bruce would be a really bad idea, even if he got 90 minutes each game. Howe I really, really rate as a coach, he has a proven track record of taking mediocre players and making them PL regulars. Bournemouth survived in the PL for a good while with a good few regulars who played for them in L1.

In other words game time isn't everything, not by a long way. If he gets a loan, it's imperative it's to a team with a good setup and manager, or he'd be better staying and learning under Howe.

37 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I think whether a loan is good depends on the manager and facilities at the loaning club.

For example, playing under someone like Bruce would be a really bad idea, even if he got 90 minutes each game. Howe I really, really rate as a coach, he has a proven track record of taking mediocre players and making them PL regulars. Bournemouth survived in the PL for a good while with a good few regulars who played for them in L1.

In other words game time isn't everything, not by a long way. If he gets a loan, it's imperative it's to a team with a good setup and manager, or he'd be better staying and learning under Howe.

I'd loan him to Burnley.  I'd hope Komapny learned a thing or two of his managers in the past but you never know when you look at Lampard. 

Apparently Hearts are very keen on him. Don't think that would be a bad loan option, as they have 8 europa conference ties too. Close enough to keep tabs on as well.

Right now I'm in the mind frame we might start the season with our current set of forward options. That being the case, I would like Elliott to be one of them, because he looks streets ahead of some our first teamers like Murphy, Almiron, and Wood. Maybe consider changing the formation so we can actually get people who can score goals in the final third rather than those lot.

22 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Apparently Hearts are very keen on him. Don't think that would be a bad loan option, as they have 8 europa conference ties too. Close enough to keep tabs on as well.

He'd get so little by way of competitive games in that league we'd be as well keeping him here.

4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

He'd get so little by way of competitive games in that league we'd be as well keeping him here.

He'd be playing the Old Firm 8 times, he'd have 4 big Derby games, 6-8 European games so that's 18-20 biggish fixtures straight away. The rest against teams he'd be favourites to win against so would have the chance to get goals/assists at a higher level than he did last year. I'd still keep him here but obviously would love to see him at Hearts.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Honestly we’ve had more success sending our academy kids to Scotland than the lower leagues. Krul, Forster and Dummett are some of the only ones who have made it and they cut their mustard with spells in the SPL.

Don't think it’s a bad option - gives a variety of ability levels in terms of teams you’re up against.

I suppose if we are writing off next season and just considering a consolidation period where finishing 9th-13th is the best we can do, why not loan him out and get him ready for future campaigns?

21 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Honestly we’ve had more success sending our academy kids to Scotland than the lower leagues. Krul, Forster and Dummett are some of the only ones who have made it and they cut their mustard with spells in the SPL.

Don't think it’s a bad option - gives a variety of ability levels in terms of teams you’re up against.

S Longstaff as well

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Right now I'm in the mind frame we might start the season with our current set of forward options. That being the case, I would like Elliott to be one of them, because he looks streets ahead of some our first teamers like Murphy, Almiron, and Wood. Maybe consider changing the formation so we can actually get people who can score goals in the final third rather than those lot.

Anderson is way better than Murphy, Almiron and Ritchie even at this early stage.  Trust me, he's staying this season and the other three I mentioned ..........mmmmmmmm.