Joe Willock

50 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Sure, it most likely was, but the Schär assist for Joelinton is absolutely sublime as well, as was his assist against West Ham. Willocks today is sexier due to the outside of the boot, but both the Schär ones take out so many players from a completely unexpected position and executed by a CB as well. I just think there's an argument to be made for Schärs incredible assists :smitten:

It's an argument, not a good one, but an argument. Scahr's was good, very good even, Willock's was sublime.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Pure filth that pass, right in my eye line, you could see he’d hit it perfect the moment it left his boot.

I said as it looked like getting to Isak "What a baal man" and kept pointing and saying it as Isak took it and scored. I think I must've said "What a baal" half a dozen times.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

It was the best assist of the game. Outside of the boot on the turn from about half way?

Its better than the Cabaye ball. It’s the best NUFC assist I’ve ever seen. 

Not quite an assist but it reminded me of Enrique's pass to Lovenkrands v Blackburn in the 10/11 season. Maybe not remembered as well since it wasn't converted but it's the best pass I've seen from any NUFC player, not sure about video rules but can find it on YouTube searching 'Enrique Blackburn'

8 minutes ago, TTom said:

Not quite an assist but it reminded me of Enrique's pass to Lovenkrands v Blackburn in the 10/11 season. Maybe not remembered as well since it wasn't converted but it's the best pass I've seen from any NUFC player, not sure about video rules but can find it on YouTube searching 'Enrique Blackburn'

Cheers for mentioning that, it came to my mind too but couldn't remember if it was an actual assist. 

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

Willock, Joelinton and Bruno are probably worth near the price this club was sold for. 

[emoji38] You're not far off. Fucking crazy isn't it.

Eddie how has worked magic on this squad - I know Willock scored a few when he was on loan here but he is like a different player under Eddie - just becoming a complete midfielder.  To have the vision for that pass nevermind the execution was something else.  

Edited by duo

I hope I'm not going above my station here but when I see Joe, I see a bit of that Lampard/Gerrard type of midfielder, it's just hard not to. The intelligence to be in the right place at the right time. The fact that he's always making himself available, making runs and drifting into different positions depending on how the same is progressing. Genuinely think he can be a consistent 6-10 goal scoring midfielder one he hits 26-27. He's already done in once and I have no doubt he can do it again. 8 goal contributions in 30 games this season with seven games left to play. 

he was absolutely brilliant today, and that pass was spunktastic. such a lovely player to watch when he’s full of confidence and belief. long may it continue!

he should be starting for England. but he won’t, because he plays for us and Gareth hasn’t got enough about him.

11 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

He's better than Gallagher, Mount and Philips. Surely gets into the next sqaud if he ends this season in the same form.

Won't get into the England squad with Southgate in charge.

If he can work on his shooting, especially on body shape to keep more of them down, it'll be him, Bellingham and Rice every game for England and that could take them the final step to winning something.

On combined expected goals and assists, Willock's up to 0.5 a game. That's Phil Foden, Alexis MacAllister, and yes, James Maddison level. That's on top of covering the entire pitch like he does. He just needs to finish better and turn more of those xG into G. Everything else seems to be there, discipline and (now) consistency included.

The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if that blib we had around the League Cup final was more down to Willock being injured then anything else, it's a hell of a coincidence that we put in our worst run of the season while he was out.