Joe Willock

I was worried that he was good under Bruce because he was given no tactics and no responsibility apart from to crash the box. But he’s really responded to Howe and he’s growing all the time.

It’s going to be really hard to replace Willock or Joelinton with someone better. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I was worried that he was good under Bruce because he was given no tactics and no responsibility apart from to crash the box. But he’s really responded to Howe and he’s growing all the time.

It’s going to be really hard to replace Willock or Joelinton with someone better. 

Agreed and that’s why Eddie always talks about elite players that are better than what we have. At the very least, we need some better cover in the midfield 3 given that the only option is Anderson and he’s better out wide 

Earlier in the season I’d have been all up for replacing him to be honest. Whilst it was clear he had ability, he didn’t look capable of getting the numbers he should be getting for someone who plays like he does.

The last couple of months though… he looks like he might develop into something special. His assist last night has gone under the radar a little but it was incredible. He has much more to unlock as well, I think. Like first half he was barely involved at all, but he really stepped it up second half and helped make the difference.

Thought today was going to be the day for a goal. He really deserves one. The consistent finishing is the only thing holding him back from the next level and and England call. He might still get one. The rest of his game is just so smooth.

3 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Lowkey quality game from him again today. Massive for the third and has been everywhere again. Got through a POWER (🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿) of running, as always. 

Wasn't even that low key tbh, in the second half he was going at them like a rottweiler.

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

Wasn't even that low key tbh, in the second half he was going at them like a rottweiler.

Yeah, true. I just thought the likes of Isak and Wilson were real standouts. Along with Bruno at times with his insane ability to control a football anywhere on the pitch. Or Big Joe doing his best Terminator impression.

Willock doesn’t necessarily do loads of flashy stuff or have loads of wow moments. But he’s just everywhere and is relentless late on. 

• 2 weeks later...