Joe Willock

12 hours ago, jackyboy said:

The way Southgate gets the England players performing wouldn't suit Joe's game. Too much square and backwards whereas Joe is at his best bombing forward 

Suspect our players will never really fit in and thrive in an England squad as the differences between our approach and Southgate's (+ likely successors) is too great. Unless we pretty much make up half the starting eleven one day.

7 hours ago, Holloway said:

I'll give you that one,you called it early. I've always recognised his qualities,but did think he was prone to switching off too often when it may have been just the style he has.He's becoming top drawer,and if he can bring a bit more composure to his finishing what a player we have on our hamds

Aye, he'll be frightening if he starts meeting his xG and xA. 

Went from being anonymous in the first half. To arguably the best player on the pitch in the second. 

Gets a lot more room drifting wide and I do love how direct he is. Even when it doesn’t come off. 

Really unfortunate not to get two goals to go with yet another top class assist. 

Him and Isak both love Henry, both love gassing people from the left and are both complete ballers. The next few years are going to be fun. If in the future Joe isn't playing I can't wait to see the player taking his place. He's only 23 ffs, going all the way to the top.