Joe Willock

He has a heart the size of a pea. He clearly doesn’t have the mentality for the situation we find ourselves in. I don’t think he even broke sweat when he came on. Looks like he’d rather be anywhere than NUFC. 

Guest HTT II

He looks even more gormless than Shelvey when he has the ball and doesn’t quite know what to do, where to go or who to look for, like a scared rabbit caught in the headlights. I was fooled by his loan spell here, he’s fucking shite.

Guest HTT II

Plus I think he was happy here on loan because it was just a loan, but isn’t a Northern type lad and isn’t settled and would prefer to be somewhere in London and never truly wanted this move permanently. 

Edited by HTT II

Even when Kenedy came back he had a handful of games where he looked OK until that missed penalty miss and his entire confidence fell off a cliff. This doesn’t even remotely look like the same footballer - his gut busting runs, his quick 1-2s, his late runs into the box, his pressing. Literally looks hurt and shot. 

should have played him as a striker today. can at least occasionally finish.

he looked absolutely terrified today and actually looked to be hiding sometimes taking up positions where he would never get the ball.

Utter crap. I watched him today in detail.

Every time a teammate got the ball he was almost 2 yards away from them to the side and never really tried to make an angle or a run forward.

He looked half arsed, running in slow motion on his heels, as if he'd been out last night as was feeling the effects.

He had zero urgency, fight or drive to change the game from his first touch to his last.

No hunger, no idea. He does not care one jot about this club, we were solely a cash prize.

7 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Utter crap. I watched him today in detail.

Every time a teammate got the ball he was almost 2 yards away from them to the side and never really tried to make an angle or a run forward.

He looked half arsed, running in slow motion on his heels, as if he'd been out last night as was feeling the effects.

He had zero urgency, fight or drive to change the game from his first touch to his last.

No hunger, no idea. He does not care one jot about this club, we were solely a cash prize.

He had the same failings at Arsenal, so it's not about this club. I still think we could make better use of him fwiw. 

Eerily similar to how Kenedy was in his second stint here.

Maybe it’s the money, maybe he is partying with his pals at home, he looks out of shape and clunky.

Or maybe he’s had Covid, long covid effects or some shit like that.

Or could it be how poorly Steve Bruce prepared the squad over the summer? They say once you get it wrong at that stage, it can effect the players for a whole season.

2 hours ago, James said:

Jones said he has been having painkilling injections in his foot since he rejoined.

basically we signed an unfit player and expected him to play any way.

I came on here to speculate about long Covid, but the above would make sense too. He was far more dynamic last season.

It would be typical Ashley to spend the entire budget on an injury talisman.

Everyone was desperate for us to sign him and buzzing when we did.  

Now everyone is acting like he should have never been bought and was ridiculous to have ever done so.

Yeah he's been shit but don't act like you all didn't want us to do everything we could to sign him.

15 minutes ago, Slim said:

Everyone was desperate for us to sign him and buzzing when we did.  

Now everyone is acting like he should have never been bought and was ridiculous to have ever done so.

Yeah he's been shit but don't act like you all didn't want us to do everything we could to sign him.

I agree fully, I wanted him signed. Most of us did but also, none of us could foresee the insane decline that’s happened.

Not sure where he goes from here to be honest.

No wonder the bigger clubs hoover young players up and use the loan market when the opportunity is there for players to put a temporary shift in until they earn a permanent transfer.