Joe Willock

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I was so wrong about this kid, he’s absolutely fucking Shiite. Arsenal laughing their tits off at us mugs. 

Imagine they got north of £60m for Alex bloody Iwobi and Joe sodding Willock :lol: 

45 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I still think he would be great as an AM.

Only as part of a three though, with two players behind him basically mopping up and doing the nitty gritty.

Thing is though, if we are to have an AM in a three, I think I'd rather have Almiron in there as think that's as close we'll get him to playing in his natural #10 position without actually playing him there.

Edited by Sifu

echoing some of the other comments on here, think he would look much better in a midfield 3 in a more advanced role. If howe wants to stick with the 2 in the middle, he needs to drop him and go with hayden to provide cover for our hopeless defense. regardless, we need a new CM or 2 through the door January 1st

Willock needs to play in either a 3 man midfield, with Hayden or he shouldn't play at all. Willock and Shelvey is not an effective midfield partnership at this level. Plus, Willock needs to be further up the pitch so he's got men behind him when he does lose possession which this season has been fairly often. He's not a #10 though, more of an 8.

22 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Willock needs to play in either a 3 man midfield, with Hayden or he shouldn't play at all. Willock and Shelvey is not an effective midfield partnership at this level. Plus, Willock needs to be further up the pitch so he's got men behind him when he does lose possession which this season has been fairly often. He's not a #10 though, more of an 8.

That was what I suggested as well, I reckon pull one forward in order to accomodate an extra midfielder, my suggestion would be Almiron based on him having little end product despite the work he puts in. Not only would it stiffen up the midfield, we'd still retain a goal threat if it frees him to play further forward. 

• 4 weeks later...

Never want to see him play for us again. Hes awful and that mental run of form last season tricked us into spending £25m on a player who will probably end up playing for someone like Cambridge in years to come. Simply not good enough and we shouldn't be playing him for the sake of it. Hes shit. 

I guess there was a reason other clubs weren't in for him. They probably thought apart from goals, he's too lightweight for midfield. Bruce just wanted someone who could score, fuck the midfield, you don't need one to park the bus.