Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

History has shown that the teams and players that succeed are the ones that work the hardest, both on the field and off the field.  We've all seen that player who turned up to training early, stayed late, practiced at home, and trained on weekends who then went on to do really well.  The same has been proven in general life, that effort contributes more to professional success than skill, intelligence, or connections.

It is very apparent that Steve Bruce is old, fat, and lazy in both mind and body.  He thinks the best way to have a happy team is to give the team lots of time off, but I bet Alex Ferguson didn't give his squad 3 days a week off - but (most of the time) his teams were happy, because they were winning.

A reported £3m windfall for Bruce if he gets the boot. I know it should surprise absolutely no one, but why do they continually enter into contracts that are quite clearly detrimental to the club? :lol:

It'll be infuraiting for the likes of Dawson and Jones to have to put up with Steve Bruce. If anything positive comes from this season it'll be the exposure of Steve Bruce as a manager and a person. Sadly, the negatives will probably mean we're relegated again.

Squad fitness and conditioning has been such an obvious issue under Bruce. Was it december where we had 3 or 4 injuries in a game? Bruce and his media pals say oh bad luck, yet here we are with more evidence that it is his dinosaur approach to blame. I absolutely hate him and anyone who was naive enough to not see this all coming.

The article says last season Danny Rose was shocked by the amount of days off when he joined :lol:

So having so many days off is like a standard thing that has been going on?! For goodness sake :lol:

Tbh, the days off are probably more for Bruce's benefit than the players, he's obviously bone idle. Equally damning is him skipping off home whenever the team travels to the north west. It shouldn't be the players pointing out this is bad for team moral, but by this point the whole thing is just a big joke. Apparently Mike doesn't want to sack him because he gets on with him the best out of all the managers since Pardew. Found Rafa too obsessed about football apparently.

Depressing as fuck with this clown, Ashley,  charnley the fakeover and relegation. Pretty soon it will be too much bother to put anything into this pile of shite club anymore.

How someone can systematically take the club away from its fans and almost no one outside the area notice is abhorrent.

Hope is clearly one of the few journalists who aren't entirely reliant on the good graces of the club to get access/stories. Edwards source is obviously Bruce and Chronicle et al obviously rely on direct contact with the club. The TV media care more about access than they do content.

I'd love if Hope's source turned out to be Shelvey :lol: Et tu, Brute?

Was thinking about Hope's article about concern over the number of days off they're getting.....  Like someone mentioned Danny Rose made a comment about it last season so it's not illogical to think it's been happening since he came in to the job.... but..... I thought the 'gloves were off' and we're now doing it 'his way' and players had it 'too easy'(or words to that effect)....  If you're going do change things and want to cause a shake up/reaction the first and most obvious thing would be is to instigate a max 1 day off a week policy and have them in, maybe not always on the training pitch but have them in studying video footage etc.

Absolutely fuck all has changed.  The man's a fraud.

And another thing.... I would break any lockdown rules if fans were allowed back in and I was given a ticket.  Just to get in and give this sack of lard verbal abuse for 90mins.  I want to see him cry on the touchline just like the king.

Why does that shit always get reported when it comes to our managers? Did anyone care how much Lampard got from Chelsea when he was sacked?

£4m is fuck all anyway like, just get rid of him now. It's probably already too late mind, but I just can't stand this cunt.

If that severance pay is correct, is that evidence that Bruce really was the last choice for manager and that Ashley had to agree to it because they were desparate fill the role ?

Also if it is, the arrogance of the cunt to be so aware of his inability to do the job, he went into it, simply to earn a fortune.

Aye, I hate him more than Pardew now.

Why does that shit always get reported when it comes to our managers? Did anyone care how much Lampard got from Chelsea when he was sacked?

£4m is fuck all anyway like, just get rid of him now. It's probably already too late mind, but I just can't stand this cunt.

Lampard got £2m by comparison.