Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Get rid of Bruce now!

Put Greame Jones as a caretaker and see how that turns out. Hopefully he can get us a few wins between now and January.

Then hopefully the takeover go through and the new owners can pick a new manager.

A few ifs, buts and maybes, but here's hoping...!

"Bruce was born in Corbridge, Northumberland, on New Year’s Eve 1960, but his family lived in Daisy Hill, near the Wallsend shipyards, their house backing on to a playing field. What he recalls as a child is “everything revolving around sport. I was never going to be an academic. When I wasn’t playing football, I lived for basketball or the rugby team. Cricket, too.”

At Benfield School, a huge comprehensive that had recently opened, John Watson and Bob Hamil were two of Bruce’s PE teachers. “Aside from my mam and dad, they were the first people who really set me on this path. They ran the department. They were the start of football.” Watson went on to become a referee in the Football League."

https://theathletic.com/2051951/2020/09/09/steve-bruce-interview-newcastle-united-manager-career/

4 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

"Bruce was born in Corbridge, Northumberland, on New Year’s Eve 1960, but his family lived in Daisy Hill, near the Wallsend shipyards, their house backing on to a playing field. What he recalls as a child is “everything revolving around sport. I was never going to be an academic. When I wasn’t playing football, I lived for basketball or the rugby team. Cricket, too.”

At Benfield School, a huge comprehensive that had recently opened, John Watson and Bob Hamil were two of Bruce’s PE teachers. “Aside from my mam and dad, they were the first people who really set me on this path. They ran the department. They were the start of football.” Watson went on to become a referee in the Football League."

https://theathletic.com/2051951/2020/09/09/steve-bruce-interview-newcastle-united-manager-career/

S07E01-cbzth5f0-subtitled.jpg

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Bruces dad used to walk through Walkerville just about every single day for years.

Lovely bloke.

If only he wore a condom or pulled out…

22 hours ago, black_n_white said:

I’m unhappy with Bruce however I’d be equally unhappy if he was replaced with a Chris Wilder or Mark Hughes.

Ashley would never pay and he’s in championship but works anyone be happy with O’Neill ? He’s doing a good job at Stoke 

Guest reefatoon

Again, why couldn't the Chronicle have been more vocal earlier. It's like they are all sitting around waiting for someone else to do it first. Grow some bollocks man.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Again, why couldn't the Chronicle have been more vocal earlier. It's like they are all sitting around waiting for someone else to do it first. Grow some bollocks man.

There's not a testicle between the three of them. I wouldn't quit a job no matter how sh=* i was at it with a seven figure sum at stake...all i'd have to do is not read the papers, news, social media. Then get on a plane to Portugal and sun up for a week.

Honor in football passed with Sir Bob, now its each to their own and how much they can get

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

The chronicle don't like to take ownership of criticism, they're too scared of losing their access. Every question or statement is posed as fan view, the fans think this, the fans are asking that, the fans have had enough. At no time have they ever just said "This isn't good enough" by any metric, with any solid evidence, its veiled attacks and we're their shield of plausible denyability.

I bet Bruce can almost smell his payoff right now.

" I kept them in the league under difficult circumstances, I'm a Geordie, I'm great, I'll hold know grudges but the negativity was disappointing" 

Ps. " you won't see me for dust, I'll never darken the doors of the North East again." 

2 minutes ago, KDT said:

Who's top of the list then if he is chucked?

Dunno, who was 12th choice when we appointed him?

Most likely Graham Jones is put in charge as caretaker, results improve just because of the endorphin rush the players get from not being told what to do by Steve Bruce any more, it's implied the fans want him given a chance based on him proving himself and he's our manager now.

1 minute ago, BlueStar said:

Dunno, who was 12th choice when we appointed him?

I’m expecting Massimiliano Allegri. But coated in gold leaf and arriving strapped to a jet pack.