Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Just now, PCW1983 said:

Has Charnley been binned yet?  Haven’t seen anything about him. 

Looking like he stays on for another few weeks. Probably nothing more than a case of having someone around that knows the passwords. 

4 hours ago, Dokko said:

Never mind not doing shire at work, I'm barely doing things at home or any time. Whole weekend lost to watching this forum waiting on news. It's going to be like this until at least February. 

I took Thursday and Friday off last week cos I had holidays to get rid of and planned to do loads over a 4 day weekend. Ive drank every night since it kicked off just reading everything and watching football. Done absolutely nothing. Tomorrow is going to be grim :lol: 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I took Thursday and Friday off last week cos I had holidays to get rid of and planned to do loads over a 4 day weekend. Ive drank every night since it kicked off just reading everything and watching football. Done absolutely nothing. Tomorrow is going to be grim :lol: 

It's only going to get worse over the next few days as Bruce is replaced....then we have a game. Then we'll probably see our new manager start work and a host of players linked. October isn't happening. 😂

I’m sure it’s already been mentioned but on the Pod On The Tyne podcast, from Friday, George Caulkin says he talked with Amanda Staveley on Thursday evening about the takeover and that she asked him about Steve Bruce - his opinion of him. He then pretty much confirms they will sack him.

50 minutes ago, Dinho lad said:

There's a part of me that's glad that Bruce is shitting himself. Some fuckers in life have far too much luck - and he certainly had it with us! 

He's about to get £8m in exchange for not going to work. I somehow doubt he's shitting himself.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He surely has to go tomorrow so we can have a full week of training ahead of the Spurs game without any input from him whatsoever 

Ill be amazed if he hasn’t been told privately today with an announcement tomorrow that Jones takes over

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I just don’t think he should be around the club at all and would make more sense getting rid of him tomorrow instead of waiting another few days.

Exactly. It's not like we've just had an average start to the season, and whilst new owners want their own man, they let the manager continue till they can secure someone.

The current bloke is the reason we are 19th without a win to date, so he has no justification to stay on, especially not just for a milestone game.

22 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

He's about to get £8m in exchange for not going to work. I somehow doubt he's shitting himself.

But he doesn't want to lose the job, I'm glad it's making him suffer (even for a little bit) about it