Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, Paully said:

Lee Sharpe has outdone him - top class manager and left us in better position than when he took over! He’s done a marvellous job everywhere he has been too ha ha!

Another member of the 1990s piss head club sticking up for their proper football man mate. 

8 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

When he left Sunderland 

Still asking for time

Still talking about fans expectations

Still cutting people off

Still making excuses every which way

Still playing the hard done by nice guy 

54 minutes ago, Paully said:

Arteta has just been on SSN slating us for the abuse to him as he done a great job and he is one of the most important English managers off all time ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

This is where Brucey's blow job greetings for all opposing managers pays off I suppose. They'll all line up to defend one of the nicest men in the game. 

54 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Talksport

Luke Edwards

Rio Ferdinand

James

Richard Keys

Any more?

On the other site of the equation Warren Barton was fighting the good fight yesterday on Talksport, absolutely spot on about Bruce's tactical ineptitude.

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Arteta has just been on SSN slating us for the abuse to him as he done a great job and he is one of the most important English managers off all time ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Madness. Nearly every manager and player gets stick and every set of fans has give it out. Just via this forum I've seen Mourinho (one of the greatest managers of all time) getting absued 'dinosaur' 'old man' etc by two ancient league titles (but not entitled/demanding) Spurs fans and the mackems towards Johnson this year alone.

The only difference is Bruce has flagged it up and online is the new pub talk and fanzines. Its always been the case, more so with poor managers/players/owners.

Its one of the reasons Brucve was so hated, whether he's throwing us under the bus for the sake of sympathy/deflecting his record (did it with Villa where the cabbage moniker was formed) or just too stupid to realise he's inviting this context-less pile in on us.

I bet the sacked Charlton manager (two more wins than Bruce) has been called all sorts, who prays for him? who stands up the vicious Charlton fans?

Edited by Wolfcastle

26 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

On the other site of the equation Warren Barton was fighting the good fight yesterday on Talksport, absolutely spot on about Bruce's tactical ineptitude.

Barton should def be invited back into the fold by the new owners. He’s been brilliant about us for years and clearly loves the club and the fans 

Boohoo "fans in the stadium sang nasty songs about me", it happens in grounds all over the country every week, with your 20 odd years experience you should be well aware of that. For me You didn't get nearly enough grief.

Fuck Right Off, You've also just became richer than any of us could ever dream of despite being fucking terrible at your job, you managed to mismanage a club you should have been nowhere near. 

You get no sympathy from me you money grabbing shit head, if I was shite at my job I'd be leaving with nothing but a boot up my arse.

Fuck off cry baby and take all your hoop sucking mates with you.

“It is understood that at Ashley’s behest, Bruce’s contract was reshaped into a three-year rolling deal, with a payout of around £8 million. Call it the former owner’s parting gift. Bruce thought about quitting that summer, he says, but did not”

https://theathletic.com/2881697/2021/10/20/steve-bruces-newcastle-reign-strained-uncomfortable-mutinous-and-finally-over/?source=user_shared_article

13 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

where was it said?

Craig Hope mentioned that quote in his article today...

As Rich Sutherland, host of the Villa Park Podcast, said: ‘People from the outside never understood and used to look at us and say, “What are you moaning about with Bruce?”. Everything I’ve seen and heard from Newcastle fans is exactly what we went through. You need to live Steve Bruce as a supporter to know Steve Bruce the manager.’

19 minutes ago, Paully said:

“It is understood that at Ashley’s behest, Bruce’s contract was reshaped into a three-year rolling deal, with a payout of around £8 million. Call it the former owner’s parting gift. Bruce thought about quitting that summer, he says, but did not”

https://theathletic.com/2881697/2021/10/20/steve-bruces-newcastle-reign-strained-uncomfortable-mutinous-and-finally-over/?source=user_shared_article

Quite canny of Big Mike to make sure NUFC ended up paying Bruce's £8m windfall. If he really wanted to give him a parting gift, he could easily have paid it out of his own pocket. 

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Quite canny of Big Mike to make sure NUFC ended up paying Bruce's £8m windfall. If he really wanted to give him a parting gift, he could easily have paid it out of his own pocket. 

Aye, twats!