Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I was born in Newcastle but my immediate family and me moved down south to near London when I was young. 

Its quite hard to express this in words that don’t sound simplistic or bitter or a conspiracy theory but there really is a bit of an agenda against the north in general but especially the north-east when it comes to football (and likely beyond that too).

A lot of people from down that way have never been up north, they don’t understand it. They see it as backward. They enjoy the post-industrial stereotypes. A lot of them couldn’t even point to Newcastle on a map. They are scared of the unknown, the difference. 

A lot of people, and not just in the south, don’t want to see a strong Newcastle, it doesn’t fit their world view, it’s incongruent. They don’t want us to be seen as one of the most passionate sets of fans, they want us to know our place. Yo yo team. Deluded. ‘Who do they think they are?’

There is a definite agenda here, a regionalist xenophobia. I don’t entirely understand it myself but there is a definite bristling against us wanting to be better than we currently are. 

And this is what is behind a lot of what we are seeing and hearing right now. 

Aye, people wanted us to remain a laughing stock club, the other clubs aren’t laughing now. I understand why fans hated us in the Owen era and how it was hilarious for them when we went down twice. That’s football, I’ll find it hilarious when we start winning things and some of them get relegated. That’s sport 

30 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

:lol: I cannot believe that quote from Arteta like. What the fuck. 

It's absolutely MENTAL, man. :lol:

He even pauses to consider how far back he's going to go into the history of managers of English and still decides on 100 years. 

I think a lot of it is fellow managers simply trotting out the normal cliches to sound supportive or to rule out saying anything controversial whatsoever. I don't believe for a second that Arteta genuinely thinks he's one of the most important English managers we've produced but it sounds like a nice compliment and he's being ultra respectful. 

Then there's the arseholes who simply lie through their teeth and hope they get away with it without any direct challenge to their (horseshit) opinions and views. Being his mate means ignoring all facts, logic and common sense, blatantly telling lies and blaming the fans for having (totally justified) pops at him for his shocking results and performances. The entire pundit circus needs wiping completely and being honest about individuals needs to come before staying mates. Not sure this phenomenon happens in other sports, failing managers and coaches are fair game for challenge imo. It's an old boys club and they'll all stick together unfortunately. It's shit but seems to appeal to a huge majority of fans who seemingly need to be told what to think. 

14 minutes ago, LV said:

I was born in Newcastle but my immediate family and me moved down south to near London when I was young. 

Its quite hard to express this in words that don’t sound simplistic or bitter or a conspiracy theory but there really is a bit of an agenda against the north in general but especially the north-east when it comes to football (and likely beyond that too).

A lot of people from down that way have never been up north, they don’t understand it. They see it as backward. They enjoy the post-industrial stereotypes. A lot of them couldn’t even point to Newcastle on a map. They are scared of the unknown, the difference. 

A lot of people, and not just in the south, don’t want to see a strong Newcastle, it doesn’t fit their world view, it’s incongruent. They don’t want us to be seen as one of the most passionate sets of fans, they want us to know our place. Yo yo team. Deluded. ‘Who do they think they are?’

There is a definite agenda here, a regionalist xenophobia. I don’t entirely understand it myself but there is a definite bristling against us wanting to be better than we currently are. 

I understand it very well. I lived down south in London for over five years, and they all know (they really do) that they live in the UKs only true shithole, but (at the same time) they do NOT know it. The reason is that from birth they are all "indoctrinated", automatically, routinely, subliminally and otherwise, that their area is the BEST at everything.

It is a form of constant brainwashing.

As a major part of that constant brainwashing there is a 'consequent' denegration of UK areas that are not in London and the South East, and their ignorance become greater the further north of Watford a particular UK area is.

SO, our fabulous City of Newcastle and our football club is (well) completely and totally "not even worth a mention", of course.

So folks, this is exactly why the future is gonna be so F A N T A S T I C !!!!!!!!!!

Inevitably we, with Saudi and Reubens unimaginable wealth and ambition behind us, are going to make them hate us so much they will just not be able to cope with it.

To put it another way . . . BOY IS THIS SOON GONNA BE (permanent) F U N . . F U N . . F U N  for us !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by manorpark

1 minute ago, NEEJ said:

It's absolutely MENTAL, man. :lol:

He even pauses to consider how far back he's going to go into the history of managers of English and still decides on 100 years. 

:lol: England won a world cup in the last century and he's like "Aye, Bruce is in that echelon. STEVE FUCKING BRUCE.

Arsenal should hold him down and forcibly test his piss.

:lol: Jesus Christ, Mikel.

I've decided NUFC is the subject of a Truman Show-style documentary. Football in its entirety was created to build up to this season, where some Dream Team-style tragedy strikes just as ASM is about to boot the title-winning goal in on the final day at Turf Moor. 

Just now, wormy said:

:lol: Jesus Christ, Mikel.

I've decided NUFC is the subject of a Truman Show-style documentary. Football in its entirety was created to build up to this season, where some Dream Team-style tragedy strikes just as ASM is about to boot the title-winning goal in on the final day at Turf Moor. 

Steve Bruce being a top manager of the last 100 years is Mandela Effect level shit. Mikel confused his most inexplicable FM save for real life. We've all been there, but never in front of a fucking camera, like.

He's not even one of the top managers of the last 100 minutes for fucks sake. He's utter garbage but he's history. This is the endgame and it's over. Ashley out, Saudi's in, Bruce out. We won. Get fucked. 

25 minutes ago, LV said:

Xenophobia is a brilliant word to explain the actions of the top 6 and accompanying press over the past few weeks 

My favourite bit of all this are the articles saying that Bruce considered leaving in the summer because of the abuse but decided to stay on for the players. The players who he regularly threw under the bus. There's 8 million reasons why he won't have ever considered walking away

I might treat myself to watching the manager's press conference tomorrow. It's only Graeme Jones so it will not be revolutionary and I doubt he'll say anything controversial but it will be fucking bliss not watching this waste of space lash out at fans and journalists and making us a further laughing stock

6 hours ago, Paully said:

Arteta has just been on SSN slating us for the abuse to him as he done a great job and he is one of the most important English managers off all time ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I slightly misquoted him (apologies if already posted which it will have been surely!)!

I reckon I speak to people outside the area in person the view of us is typically: we've underachieved and had a hard time, we deserve better, we have passionate fans, but also we're too quick to turn on managers. I guess overall 'passionate hotheads' but we deserve a taste of success and the game would be better for it. Online it's a very different story.