Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

A suitable response to fans of other clubs saying Bruce was good enough would be to ask them how many games NUFC have played in the Champions League and Europa League, the new formats that is, not the old European Cup or UEFA. 99% of them will have no idea that the answer is 38 (24 CL plus 14 Europa), which is more than Everton or Leicester. Would a manager putting those teams into a relegation battle after 100M of spend be acceptable? If we are now a rollover joke club, it is only because shit managers like Bruce employed by a shit owner called Ashley have turned us into one.

5 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Rafa's win percentage is much bigger than Bruce's.

Including the Championship it is but you can’t compare a side who’d just been promoted on a shoestring to a well-drilled mid-table side with £140m spent on it and hadn’t improved results and whose performances went to shite.

17 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Where is all this abuse that he has received?  Can't say I've seen anything other than people saying he's shit or he's fat - both of which are objectively true.  He didn't have it easy under Ashley but he knew what he was signing up for and was obviously not up to the job in the first place.  He has walked away with 8 million quid and the entire premier League queuing up to suck him off!

Fucking spot on [emoji38]

He’s almost guaranteed a slot on Sky now he’s “retired”.

You think this is bad? You wait until he’s repeating his guff before every televised match.

Love how there is this weird outpouring of support for someone who has been horrifically shit at every club.

14th in the Championship with Grealish, McGinn and Abraham ffs :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Elephant said:

I really really hope Bruce doesn’t retire. I would love to see him manage another club, preferably someone whose fans  criticised sacking him.

Some mediocre shite the mackems play during the course of the season, away in the cup, wipe the floor with them and just absolutely take the piss out of him for 90 minutes. It’d be joyous.