Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

People got a bit carried away with how much they seemed to hate him by the end but honestly it was the most run-of-the mill-hasn’t-won-by-November PFM sacking in living memory. The only notable thing about this sacking is the replacement might actually be good for once. This narrative that has sprung up since yesterday about him getting vile abuse from everyone is proper pearl clutching nonsense, as if the entirety of football hasn’t revolved around sacking shit managers since the First World War. 

3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

People got a bit carried away with how much they seemed to hate him by the end but honestly it was the most run-of-the mill-hasn’t-won-by-November PFM sacking in living memory. The only notable thing about this sacking is the replacement might actually be good for once. This narrative that has sprung up since yesterday about him getting vile abuse from everyone is proper pearl clutching nonsense, as if the entirety of football hasn’t revolved around sacking shit managers since the First World War. 

I honestly think that was pretty much 100% driven by he himself complaining about abuse, things being "difficult" all in the knowledge it was always likely to be that way from the beginning and he could have walked at any time. He chose to take the job, screwing Sheffield Wednesday in the process and he stayed way beyond the time he should have and it was transparently because he wanted his payoff and sod the people close to him affected by it etc

He got off lightly IMO, the stadiums were empty for a large portion of his pathetic tenure. This outpouring of sympathy is completely disproportionate to the "abuse" he took.

Towards the end of the book Mans Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl he talks about many of those who came out  of the concentration camps, actually had to relearn how to feel. They had become so subdued and had buried all feeling to survive in there, that upon being free again life’s pleasures like flowers and sunshine and warm food etc didn’t really mean anything in the early days, as they had become so disillusioned and disenfranchised it felt like this good stuff was not even reality.

It obviously sounds strange to a non NUFC fan but all of this talk of proper structures, proper footballing directors, and attacking managers and commercial revenue and actually trying to win games let alone being able to buy and not just loan players, feels a little bit like that at the moment. This is obviously normality for most but Mike Ashley really did bludgeon and batter and bruise the very life out of this club, to a faint barely surviving pulse. For a club literally famous for their passion and purpose and for whom football is everything, what he did can actually be likened to torture and many still be feeling the effects of trauma for a while.

That’s also why other fans and the media criticisms seem particularly harsh and hard to bear right now I guess, as having survived long enough to tell the tale, as victims the last thing we want is to be gaslit, to minimise the trauma suffered and told that the victims are actually the oppressors. 

1 hour ago, TBG said:

He's guaranteed to be in the studio for the Man Utd v Liverpool game. 

He'll get heaps of sympathy from his co hosts. Following Man Utd getting beat, there'll be discussions on whether or not Ole is good enough for the job. 

Whoever the host/clown is will ask if Bruce fancies a crack at it and he'll respond "Well, you never know". The other pundits will not acknowledge it and continue to berate Ole for not being good enough. 

Can't imagine any studio guest ever asking Steve Bruce if he'd fancy the Man U job, even as a joke. Much in the same way you would never get them asking Sam Allardyce if he fancied the Arsenal or Spurs job.

PFMs are strictly meant for northern scum like us. That's why they are all raging that we are now the richest club in the world, it's turned their world upside down. 

1 hour ago, Heron said:

I tell you what like, I think I need to come off Twitter. The amount of insufferable bell ends on there is just becoming too much. If it wasn't our own during the Ashley era, it's every fucker else since that's ended.

If there has been any level of abuse aimed at Bruce it has either been by a very small minority or has been absolute playground type insults. Fucking "inept cabbage head", fuck me, we'd all be having breakdowns if that's what's now being described as disgusting abuse.

Steve Bruce actively lowered expectations on behalf of the regime which he served, because it suited both the custodians and himself as individuals with zero ambition. If staying in the Premier League was his only remit, then he was successful by the standards set by those same custodians, not of those who own the club, the fans.

Which brings me to the whole delusional Geordie thing. What an absolute load of bollocks. Anyone who watches sport as a sport, wants the underdogs to succeed, they want people to win against the odds, unless it involves someone whom they perceive to represent them in some shape or form. If I were from Blyth and supported Blyth, I wouldn't not want them to win the league, the champions league or any cup, just because it's nigh on impossible to be achieved, doesn't mean you shouldn't long for it. It's only this new breed of customers that want to purely see entertainment that don't seem to get that. They get their views from the media, who (in turn) get their views through the coin they receive via the PL and their big hitters, also known as the self-proclaimed 'big 6'.

The fact that this is defined as delusional means there is an issue in sport. That in life we should somehow accept average because some of us aren't allowed to achieve more than that. What a supremacist point of view.

I don't know anyone who 'expects' any of these things, they simply desire it, and actually Newcastle United had been on the cusp of success for many a year before the Ashley era. That's without even highlighting the success, or lack of failure from our history prior to Ashley. This whole new thing of Newcastle being defined as a yo yo club is completely ignorant.

Then these daft cunts in the media start making up shit about our fans and perpetuating this myth that we were somehow collectively, disgustingly abusive? I have no doubt there'll have been a minority out there coming out with loads of shit, but to generalise that to a fanbase who've had mediocrity, a lack of hope, a lack of ambition and most importantly a lack of effort rammed down our throat is farcical. These same DC's are the ones who'd tell the world that Geordies only wanted 11 Geordies and a Geordie manager prior to Rafa. The same DC's who perpetuate that Rafa was no better than Bruce. Where's your statisticians and OptaIndex now you odious fucking pricks.

Most haven't watched us, or when they have, have attributed that one match to poor performance. Well form is temporary and class is permenant so if we continually perform like that, surely there's an issue with the coaching staff or manager, on either a personal, man management level or tactical level, or both? Nope. Always poor performance from the players, they're not good enough, apparently, despite being largely the same squad as under Rafa except with the addition of what 160million of signings? Or a net of around 100m is it?

I mean by all means, question the ownership via their human rights records, question the players who've been playing, but this false perception of our fans and oversight that any other fans would be any different is shockingly bad reporting, that lacks validity and accuracy and frankly they should all fuck off.

Cannot wait for a good manager to come in and show up these charlatans with the same squad.

As for that fraud, I hope he never gets a job anywhere near football again. One of us? Get to fuck.

#Rant

Actually saw a comment on a friends facebook last night, from one of his acquaintances, was an extremely long rant along the lines of:

What, if anything, will actually make you Newcastle fans happy? I completely understand Man Utd and Arsenal fans kicking off as their teams have dropped off from relatively recent success, but not you lot.

Not sure how you even start to engage with that sort of attitude, it's just ingrained. And that's before we even get onto the suggestion that the fans turned on Hughton ffs.

51 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I find that mad, not even that long ago man United were going to fly a banner that said “kill yourself moyes”, Coleman got insane abuse, Benitez had his actual home abused, It’s not even out the norm imo, he got lightly booed a few times? Wenger was absolutely shredded for years, Benitez at Chelsea? Just off the top of my head. 

Neil Lennon was on about it last night. A bloke who had actual death threats and a bullet sent to him thought getting called a cabbage head (not even a phrase we coined - national media started the manager for vegetable racket and Martin Samuel was in on it) was out of order.

Another one off the top of my head is Boro fans hated McLaren (there most succesful manager by far) - he got so much sympathy for that the national media that they made him a laughing stock.

Edited by Wolfcastle

11 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Actually saw a comment on a friends facebook last night, from one of his acquaintances, was an extremely long rant along the lines of:

What, if anything, will actually make you Newcastle fans happy? I completely understand Man Utd and Arsenal fans kicking off as their teams have dropped off from relatively recent success, but not you lot.

Not sure how you even start to engage with that sort of attitude, it's just ingrained. And that's before we even get onto the suggestion that the fans turned on Hughton ffs.

That pretty much captures everything we all need to know, we are shit, we have always been shit and have no right whatsoever to expect to be anything but, shit ......  However, if you are part of the Premier League elite it is fine to expect more....  

So, how would someone enter this Premier League elite you speak of?

Oh sorry, sniggers, no no no....   no one is allowed to join.  All places taken and no changes planned...

16 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

People have turned into zombies like, brainwashed by Sky and the media

Bruce had a covid free ride in stadiums until this season, he's has a bit jip for some awful performances which if you have paid an entrance fee you are justified to do so and then he's had a few twitter gimps calling him names (which he doesn't read anyway) with the exception of Hope the Journalists and Pundits have also giving him a free ride.

Talk about exaggerated abuse and what is the end verdict, all Newcastle fans are horrible and we hate Bruce because he managed Sunderland. 

What a fuckin joke man

Edited by Ben

Has the world lost its mind with this sacking? Some of the rhetoric being blabbed about an utterly dreadful manager is beyond belief. They’re literally rewriting history to make him look like a victim instead of being utterly inept and incapable of doing his job, yet somehow ending up with £8m in the bank. 

Edited by mattypnufc

1 minute ago, mattypnufc said:

Has the world lost its mind with this sacking? Some of the rhetoric being blabbed about an utterly dreadful manager is beyond belief. They’re literally rewriting history to make him look like a victim instead of being utterly inept and incapable of doing his job, yet somehow ending up with £8m in the bank. 

Let's face it, he obviously made a deal with Ashley the dodgy fucka 

This dickhead was his own worst enemy. With a bit of common sense, he could have had the fans behind him early doors, he instead chose to take the defensive route and reference "the mighty Rafa" in the most condescending way, while treating the fans with contempt. Also, why are the media so quick to defend him? He spent most of the past 2 years telling journalists what's what and how some of them needed "a slap" for getting their information wrong about his sacking, yet a week on, he has been sacked and yet they still defend him. Fucking crazy.

Also, this whole "1000 games and 20 years as a manager" shtick. This hopeless sod could have chosen during these decades, to move with the times, learn new ways of playing and coaching, become more tactically aware. He couldn't be arsed. Fuck him.

Sick of seeing this on twitter and Facebook from every idiot and his dog.

Screenshot-20211021-170214-Facebook.jpg

People saying stats don't lie. 

They've left off how much each manager spent and the other fact that we were newly promoted under Rafa, pretty big stats to leave off.

Where is all this abuse that he has received?  Can't say I've seen anything other than people saying he's shit or he's fat - both of which are objectively true.  He didn't have it easy under Ashley but he knew what he was signing up for and was obviously not up to the job in the first place.  He has walked away with 8 million quid and the entire premier League queuing up to suck him off!

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

This dickhead was his own worst enemy. With a bit of common sense, he could have had the fans behind him early doors, he instead chose to take the defensive route and reference "the mighty Rafa" in the most condescending way, while treating the fans with contempt. Also, why are the media so quick to defend him? He spent most of the past 2 years telling journalists what's what and how some of them needed "a slap" for getting their information wrong about his sacking, yet a week on, he has been sacked and yet they still defend him. Fucking crazy.

Also, this whole "1000 games and 20 years as a manager" shtick. This hopeless sod could have chosen during these decades, to move with the times, learn new ways of playing and coaching, become more tactically aware. He couldn't be arsed. Fuck him.

There's a big difference imo between the locally based journalists and the likes of Samuel etc