Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Gabby ‘The Professor’ Agbonlahor on Talkshite (I know, I know) this morning giving our fans pelters for calling Brucey names as if his own fans hadn’t invented said names and also given him abuse for being shite.

All conveniently forgotten to suit the narrative.

Honestly, most journalism in this country has become propaganda to suit a certain viewpoint. Facts are completely irrelevant now. 

4 minutes ago, LV said:

Gabby ‘The Professor’ Agbonlahor on Talkshite (I know, I know) this morning giving our fans pelters for calling Brucey names as if his own fans hadn’t invented said names and also given him abuse for being shite.

Honestly, most journalism in this country has become propaganda to suit a certain viewpoint. Facts are completely irrelevant now. 

So infuriating but fuck em, we are rich and they're pissed about it.

We have a little bit of hope now we have twisted the ticks off the arse of the club and whatever comes next I'm buzzing.

Newcastle fans being able to talk football again, not court cases and NET spends and wallpaper is honestly an amazing feeling.

Woke up today and my relief that he's gone is suddenly turned to anger about what this man has put us through in the last two years, and mostly that after all of that he's playing victim,  an absolute chancer who should've not been allowed anywhere near a premier league club, the media can write all they want about him being hard done by, but the fans of most clubs he managed know what he's actually all about, he deserves every bit of criticism he got and i have no sympathy whatsoever for him.

I remember i was in Korea for his first game in charge against Arsenal and had to watch it at a stupid time, things were going well and the team was clearly still well drilled from the Rafa days, then he went and put on Jetro Williems instead of a midfielder and didn't tell Jetro that he actually wants him to go to left back, Jetro then came on and started playing in center midfield and as a result Arsenal used the gap in the left to score and win the game, then he blamed Jetro for it, it really was like something from Mike Bassett and it was a sign of things to come, it's never poor old Brucey's fault it's always the players, the fans, ex managers, the media, the owners not supporting him (even though Ashley gave him more money than any other manager) , but never the fact that he doesn't have the basic skills to make it as a premier league manager.

7 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Looking back at reports from when he was sacked by the mackems and Villa  they're almost word for word the same, blaming 'vile abuse' from the fans, painting himself as a victim.

Aye, all forgotten though, and it only us nasty Geordies and Craig Hope that have ever given him such dogs abuse.

The whole cabbage thing... actually statrted by Villa, FFS!!

23 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Looking back at reports from when he was sacked by the mackems and Villa  they're almost word for word the same, blaming 'vile abuse' from the fans, painting himself as a victim.

And of course it's never to do with the one and only constant in all three instances...

Bruce's biggest achievement is that I now hate him more than Pardew, which was virtually inconceivable.

Did he get abuse? Yes, probably but the blokes been in football for 40 years or more, you can't tell me that he's only just noticed that football fans can get a bit touchy.

The man failed. He can't accept he failed because he's shit. He has to convince everyone there was some grand conspiracy and that he's the victim in the affair.

Again we have fallen foul of a footballing dinosaur trying to cling onto the game they so dearly love. If he'd really wanted to stay in the game, he should have taken a couple of years out of the game about 10 years ago and went on some coaching courses.

There is a reason people like Roy Hodgson manage to hang around in the game, it's because he is a student of the game. He went abroad, learned his craft and even learned a couple of languages and cultures in the process. Bruce wasn't willing to learn.

I suspect somewhere around the time he captained Man Utd to a league title, he figured he knew everything there was to know about the game. Boy was he wrong.

The fact he has clocked up 1000 games in England is more to do with there still being footballing dinosaurs in boardrooms. Some of them still haven't twigged that the game has changed, so they go through the cycle of hiring the faces they know and people that the like, rather than educating themselves.

The best indicator of what other fans really think of Bruce is when you ask them if they would have him. They all say no, even Norwich have progressed past people like Bruce. Even the top end championship clubs have. It's over Steve and it has been for a long time.

Reading some of the exposes about him in the Athletic and general press recently, it really does seem it was the real life version of football manager where you tick the boxes to let your assistant manager do all the 'boring stuff' like training, etc and you go on holiday in the game to skip through to the odd game and the transfer window as fast as possible. The very definition of cruise control. 

Mike Ashley ran it like he didn't care, as did Lee Charnely. So to make up for that chronic lack of effort from above, you need to make up for that through your own effort and energy and intelligence. But it seems he embraced that culture himself, so instead of Rafa's double training sessions methodical work ethic, he managed it in a hands off way. No wonder the ship was sinking, it was completely rudderless. 

This is another reason why you can't really believe the whole its my boyhood club nonsense as if it really was, you'd be there all the time, soaking it in and doing your best to improve the situation, even if you are limited. You might be outclassed skills wise but you should never be outworked. Even that gains respect. His size and approach to fitness probably didn't help his energy and ability to handle things. Maybe he lost his own morale etc because of his hands being tied etc but when that happens the real dignity is doing what Gullit or Keegan did, holding your hands up and admit I can't carry on as it would be doing an injustice to the club and the fans etc.

That's why what the club needs is either someone young hungry and energetic like Keegan first time around, eager to invest their best years, or someone highly highly professional, experienced and demanding who because of their high standards and very processes ensure they create the right culture.

Bruce was neither, and this role really exposed him. Someone like Roy Hogdson only retired in the summer but was in his mid 70s, by all accounts he would outwork and out think Bruce on all accounts, let alone when you think about the likes of SBR. 

Edited by kingxlnc

7 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

For the media having a go at us they should just watch Mike Bassett England manager. 

In the Athletic apparently an 'insider’ shared that was his nickname amongst some of the players

says it all

16 minutes ago, STM said:

Bruce's biggest achievement is that I now hate him more than Pardew, which was virtually inconceivable.

Did he get abuse? Yes, probably but the blokes been in football for 40 years or more, you can't tell me that he's only just noticed that football fans can get a bit touchy.

The man failed. He can't accept he failed because he's shit. He has to convince everyone there was some grand conspiracy and that he's the victim in the affair.

Again we have fallen foul of a footballing dinosaur trying to cling onto the game they so dearly love. If he'd really wanted to stay in the game, he should have taken a couple of years out of the game about 10 years ago and went on some coaching courses.

There is a reason people like Roy Hodgson manage to hang around in the game, it's because he is a student of the game. He went abroad, learned his craft and even learned a couple of languages and cultures in the process. Bruce wasn't willing to learn.

I suspect somewhere around the time he captained Man Utd to a league title, he figured he knew everything there was to know about the game. Boy was he wrong.

The fact he has clocked up 1000 games in England is more to do with there still being footballing dinosaurs in boardrooms. Some of them still haven't twigged that the game has changed, so they go through the cycle of hiring the faces they know and people that the like, rather than educating themselves.

The best indicator of what other fans really think of Bruce is when you ask them if they would have him. They all say no, even Norwich have progressed past people like Bruce. Even the top end championship clubs have. It's over Steve and it has been for a long time.

Well said. Absolutely spot on.

5 minutes ago, mofo said:

Part of his agreement to leave the club was to keep his car allowance until the end of the season apparently..  [emoji38]

The fat cunt needs to start walking more

Edited by HTT II

10 minutes ago, mofo said:

Part of his agreement to leave the club was to keep his car allowance until the end of the season apparently..  [emoji38]

Should have just bought him the car outright...assume he's in a range Rover and that's what 80-90k? Drop in the ocean even without PIF

2 hours ago, LV said:

:lol:
It was Villa fans that a started the cabbage thing by literally throwing a cabbage at him.

Just got to let all these gobshites wash over us. They are just trolls. I mean, Agbonlahor FFS :lol: 

Yes I apologise for posting the ravings of Agbonlahor.

I just needed to rant about it to people who understood for my own mental health. 

If anyone can suggest to me another sport radio station aside from TalkSport (and that isn’t 5 Live) then please do. Ideally one that doesn’t have non-sport news on it. 

Edited by LV