Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

7 hours ago, Anderson said:

That is the dumbest thing anyone has said in years. It is also insulting to his own club Arsenal, because he's overlooked their legend Herbert Chapman, widely credited as an all-time great tactical innovator. Read those Jonathan Wilson books for more info.

Even in recent times, to suggest those four managers are in the same league as Clough/Taylor and Paisley is complete nonsense.

3 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Whenever a manager gets sacked, there’s never coverage like this. Ever. This whole thing is ridiculous. 

I echo it, stop talking about the cunt, he’s one to forget now.

please [emoji38]

You get so much distorted bollocks repeated back to you years later as a Newcastle fan. Thinking about in years time squeezing a glass til it breaks in a as I meet a friend of a friend in a pub and they say how they never understood why we hounded Bruce out after he got us promoted and finished 5th.

I think we need to play the xenophobia card more and more once the press are accused of that they will have to be vary careful what they print 

"Is it cos I'm north east?" Would be a nice phrase to get trending 

19 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think we need to play the xenophobia card more and more once the press are accused of that they will have to be vary careful what they print 

"Is it cos I'm north east?" Would be a nice phrase to get trending 

"Is it cos I is black...and white?"

alan brazil and trevor sinclair on a one again this morning. 

especially the rafa comparison.

ray parlour being the voice of reason and explained only the fans see every minute of every game so are entitled to criticise.

15 minutes ago, gdm said:

Talksport coming live from Newcastle this morning. Craig hope, beresford and sir John hall all coming on. 

WFH today, So I've stuck this on in the background.

Actually, Jordan being voice of reason for once on PIF / Saudi ownership, and separation.

;D

Edited by TK-421

Went down to the office yesterday (darn sarf) and absolutely everyone said to me 'I feel sorry for him, he was treated awfully'. Made the case that the guy is dourest, wettest, woe-is-me-est twat going but it didn't really land.

I stopped caring what other fans thought about our view on managers after Rafa left - as is often the case in the current world, nobody has a clue but they do have a strong, expert opinion on the matter. 

Was speaking to the father-in-law on wednesday night about this, and whilst we both agreed he should have gone, he mentioned that it was unfair the abuse he got, and "particularly that towards his family, people going to their house to abuse him and his wife".

WTF??? Has anything like this even happened?

Also, saw a tweet where someone talked about 'abuse towards his dead parents'. From memory, the only time I've heard his parents mentioned was from Bruce himself, a week or so ago, where he said he was glad they weren't alive to see/hear the abuse he'd had to face.

4 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Was speaking to the father-in-law on wednesday night about this, and whilst we both agreed he should have gone, he mentioned that it was unfair the abuse he got, and "particularly that towards his family, people going to their house to abuse him and his wife".

Also, saw a tweet where someone talked about 'abuse towards his dead parents'. From memory, the only time I've heard his parents mentioned was from Bruce himself, a week or so ago, where he said he was glad they weren't alive to see/hear the abuse he'd had to face.

Truth being would have been ashamed how god awe full he still was at his job! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

No point getting upset with the fat fuck. There's no winning if his mates in the media bring him on with his "woe is me bullshit".

Finish no higher than 12th? "Well, I did that/better than that last season, didn't I? It's unfortunate that the new owners had different ideas and their own man rather than let me take a crack at it. I was ready to give it a go."

Finish higher than 12th after spending in the January window? "Well, who knows what I've done if I had been given that sort of backing - I got 12th with a worse squad and wasn't allowed to spend."

It'll  be unbearable of course, if we finish lower than 12th after spending in January.

1 minute ago, Emotic said:

No point getting upset with the fat fuck. There's no winning if his mates in the media bring him on with his "woe is me bullshit".

Finish no higher than 12th? "Well, I did that/better than that last season, didn't I? It's unfortunate that the new owners had different ideas and their own man rather than let me take a crack at it. I was ready to give it a go."

Finish higher than 12th after spending in the January window? "Well, who knows what I've done if I had been given that sort of backing - I got 12th with a worse squad and wasn't allowed to spend."

It'll  be unbearable of course, if we finish lower than 12th after spending in January.

I’ll snatch your hand off for 13th and safety now, with a platform to build. 

28 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

I guess the "abuse" levelled at him, for bringing up his dead parents, is easily conflated into abusing his dead parents/

28 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Yeah none of that happened 

As far as I’m aware the worst was someone hoping he died of Covid and then being called cabbage heed.

Vile abuse!!!!1111

As far as I'm aware, the only real 'abuse' that can actually be pointed towards is Twitter, isn't it? While not saying it's okay, the idea that NUFC fans are the only ones to jump on Twitter to slaughter a manager is hilariously ludicrous.

As I I've seen others say, I wish the media were this furious over Everton fans showing up to Rafa's house to scare him off from joining the club. But no. Only NUFC has unreasonable fans.

Wraith on Talksport talking to Jim White about the amount of abuse he's received himself on Twitter from the 'far-left'. :icon_puke_l: John Hall had some quite interesting stuff to say but turned it off when that melon came on.

Edited by TheHoob