Brighton vs Newcastle United - 20/03/21@2000 - Live on Sky

0-0 written all over this.

The sad thing is, a draw will be spun as 'three ahead of Fulham, game in hand, our three best players are about to return, good job'

What's sadder is some fans would lap that up.

Obviously my personal view of the situation is that we're a disgrace and to have won no games out of the last four (including this one) would be an appalling return, regardless of injuries. But if your expectations are absolutely minuscule, getting through this period with some reasonable daylight between us and the drop zone and with zero defeats will inevitably be spun as a positive with some justification (again, within the context of paltry expectations).

In terms of tonight, as usual I hope we don't lose because of the inconvenience of relegation in terms of the takeover, but won't feel a thing if we win. It's basically just a preference to win than lose at this point, rather than anything emotional or rousing.

As it is I think another draw is nailed on. Tends to happen when a point each suits both sides.

The sad thing is, a draw will be spun as 'three ahead of Fulham, game in hand, our three best players are about to return, good job'

Obviously my personal view of the situation is that we're a disgrace and to have won no games out of the last four (including this one) would be an appalling return, regardless of injuries. But if your expectations are absolutely minuscule, getting through this period with some reasonable daylight between us and the drop zone and with zero defeats will inevitably be spun as a positive with some justification (again, within the context of paltry expectations).

In terms of tonight, as usual I hope we don't lose because of the inconvenience of relegation in terms of the takeover, but won't feel a thing if we win. It's basically just a preference to win than lose at this point, rather than anything emotional or rousing.

As it is I think another draw is nailed on. Tends to happen when a point each suits both sides.

This is it in a nutshell. If there is still any hope of a takeover occurring, it'll be in our interest to avoid relegation so a win is the preference... can't see that being the result tonight given the corward who is our Head Coach

Get what you're saying in your post though, think my main focus of irritation is based on some of the Newcastle fans I've met down here (through work), they're just happy to accept the club the way it is no matter the circumstances (ie. the lack of any ambition for us to be better, the whole "it is what it is").

One of the problems with this attitude that a draw gets us three points ahead with a game in hand, is that we are using up all our winnable games. By the time Wilson's back we'll be playing the likes of Man City, Spurs and Liverpool, and while Fulham might grab a win against one of those sort of teams, you can guarantee we won't. We really needed a win from our recent run of games. If we get it tonight, then the past three draws against shit teams will look relatively ok. Anything less and I wouldn't be looking forward to the next run of fixtures.

Mouth of the tyne reckons Almiron starts. Looking forward to ando proving him wrong

The club Twitter account is going to get hammered if he doesn’t as they keep using him in the pictures.