Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Left it too late with Benitez. Needs to give the next manager 15 games at least. 3-4 games to get to know the squad and get them to play his way, then 10 games to realistically achieve it. If Rafa had an extra 3-4 games last time he’d have saved us.

This is the real worry, the change will come too late.

ASM staying fit and Fraser somehow producing some form with both providing some ammunition is our only glimmer of hope but but I think the players have almost given up with complete lack of trust and respect for Bruce’s ability.

Oh we are down alright, can't score (hell we are lucky to get one shot on target) and can't keep clean sheets.

I think the takeover will be shelved and Ashley will become even more disinterested, that will result in us going down to League One.

But hey is Sunday and its sunny so really.........does it really bother you, after 14 years of shite, what NUFC does anymore?

Guest reefatoon

It’s so inevitable, but still so frustrating. You just know our chief whopper will yet again sit on his hands and do fuck all until it’s too late again. We are hurtling towards relegation so fast. Dick head Bruce doesn’t have a clue how to stop it, But Ashley and his little lap dog Charnley will just sit back as usual and react when it’s far too late.

All this said, and I know you’re shite and devoid of confidence, but I reckon the Blades and West Brom are done. That means it’s probably you, Fulham, Burnley and Brighton fighting over one place. You’re still 7pts ahead of Fulham, and if they lose their next two (Brighton and West Brom, both away) then they might just be fucked.

Direction of travel obviously very bad, but still think more likely than not that we stay up. 7 point advantage over the relegation which includes other v shit teams. Allardyce doing his usual business with West Brom a big worry.

(I'd be interested to see this poll from other seasons, cos pretty sure people here regularly have us >5 when we've not been relegated).

If Fulham win there game in hand it's down to 4 points. Then don't forget it's incredibly likely we lose the next 2 to Leeds and Everton. We don't look like we can draw a game at the moment let alone win one.

Apart from Sheffield (as I don't think they will beat anyone apart from us) Every other team are putting abit of form together and picking up points now where you didn't expect them too or at least looking like they can win games and score goals.

There's no getting away from it. This team 100% is relegated if Bruce gets till the end of the season.

If Fulham win there game in hand it's down to 4 points. Then don't forget it's incredibly likely we lose the next 2 to Leeds and Everton. We don't look like we can draw a game at the moment let alone win one.

Has there been any match since Bruce came in where we were "likely to win" before it was played? :lol: Somehow though they drag an unexpected win out of their ass from time to time without anyone being able to explain how beyond pointing at individual player performances.

After Rafa left, except when the takover talks were going on beginning of last year, I've been and am now in the hope-everything-goes-to-shit-camp, in the vague hope that it triggers an ownership change one way or another if keeping the club afloat financially harms Ashley himself directly.

We know we won't get adequate players in, we know Bruce is incompetent, we know he won't get sacked until it is too late and even if we get a few jammy results that secures PL status, next season will be exactly the same as this and last season.

Momentum is massive, the wheels have completely come off. We're not scoring goals and we've just been beaten by a team who previously had two points to their name. Unless he's peddled we're in serious shit.

Totally agree. Positive and/or negative momentum is critical at this stage.

You, generally, don't turn around either at this point without a change in personnel.

Didn't think it likely at all given some of the poor sides in the league, but Mr Bruce is having a mare and real danger of them going down now.

Certainly more likely than not given momentum, the state of the club, the players not playing for the 'manager', the 'manager' and his ability level.

Piss poor show from a club that should be high mid table comfortably with the squad at his disposal.

10 with Bruce in charge, really don't see us picking up another 10 points, and can see West Brom getting a point a game under Fat Sam, to finish on around 30-32 points.

As already said, if Rafa had been put in charge even 2 games earlier, i think we'd have survived. We'll get another clown in place of Bruce, but it should be enough to get 12 points and survive.