Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

'8' for me.

..and for me too BG - as I said in the game thread, a team which cannot use home games v Villa and Everton to get 4 points is only headed one way.

Lose to WBA and the klaxons will really start howling again.

Going to hinge on who we bring in this coming month.

The league is so shameless this year a run of three or four wins could make all the difference and put us near European places. Likewise both the scum and villa could dig themselves out.

While we stick with four central midfielders, two of which are defensive minded, we will never offer enough going forward. We desperately need a change of formation or hopefully a change in personnel. We are predictable, if they shut down sissoko and Janmaat then we offer nothing coming forward. Dummett and Colocini are too slow for this league and our defence simply cant cope. 

I think we've got a better squad than most of the bottom 6/7 teams but after seasons of turgid football and heavily losing streams the team is so fragile.

I'm really not sure whether we'll be able to stay up. I certainly can't see us pulling clear from the teams around us so I can see this going right down to the final weekend again.

I feel that Norwich will eventually replace us in the relegation zone and we'll just about survive. It's going to be very ugly all season though. This is Ashley's club though. It will be job done if we stay up as far as he's concerned $$$.

I think a team could go down with more than 40 points this year.  With one more game to go to the half way stage, all but the bottom 2 could be on at least 20 points after tomorrow's game.  Last year at the same stage, the 14th placed team (Sunderland) had 20 points whilst the 18th/19th teams were on 16 points. Mind you two of the bottom 3 did stay up (Palace were on 16 points and Leicester were bottom on 13).

It looks like some good January transfer business is essential because there is little to separate the bottom 8 - well maybe excluding Sunderland and Villa.

Half way through the season, and we are in the bottom 3, playing poorly and not looking like scoring. Gone, unless McLaren goes, and we spend £20m on striker who knows where the goal is (unlike Mitrovic, Perez, De Jong, Riviere)

Half way through the season, and we are in the bottom 3, playing poorly and not looking like scoring. Gone, unless McLaren goes, and we spend £20m on striker who knows where the goal is (unlike Mitrovic, Perez, De Jong, Riviere)

Defence and midfield need another £30m worth of investment as well.