Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

54 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

The takeover happened at the worst possible time and I think it will cost us. I’m about at a 7. Howe will need to learn fast who our weak links are - utter rubbish like Ritchie etc. Took a much better manager in Rafa 4 games to figure out who needed binning off.

Had it not happened we'd be down and out already. It gave us a fighting chance and the prospect of some optimism even in the event we went down.

Just now, GWN said:

If we don’t sort out fullbacks we are gonna drop 

Still 9

Totally agree with this.  Fullback situation has been awful for ages,the last pair that complimented each other really well was Jonas and José Enrique. 

Ritchie and ASM confuse each other. We dont have any good fullbacks at the club that could do a job going forward and getting back.

Heard shouts about Trippier, he'd be a massive improvement on what we have.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, similar to where I'm at. We're moving in the right direction, but the defence is still a massive concern. I have no idea how Darlow kept his place today.

you knew during his presser he was playing , said Dubs was not 100%

Not sure we escape this. 

Saw plenty of positives today, but the biggest disappointment was that we still looked disorganised defensively, and that was something I'd hoped would be addressed straight away or would at least see some semblence of change. 

Convincing targets to join us in January is going to be a tough ask coming out that December fixture list. Things need to improve dramatically and quickly. 

Just now, MagCA said:

Game we had to win. Going to take a miracle to keep us up, there isn’t three worse teams than us. 

We have players up front who are better than most of the teams in the bottom half, unfortunately our defence is worse than most of the teams in the top half of the Championship.

Dubs plays from now on, Lewis and Manquilllo as wing backs instead of Ritchie and Murphy to support the shaky defence, reinforcements in Jan( right at the beginning of the window no fucking about) and we’ll be ok by the skin of our teeth.

The old adage that a point per game keeps you up is borne out by the current table with Leeds.

If we lose against Arsenal but win following 2 home games, we will be only 3 points off a point per game.

Early days anyone accepting relegation now are massively off the mark. We’ll stay up with a bit to spare no problem.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

The old adage that a point per game keeps you up is borne out by the current table with Leeds.

If we lose against Arsenal but win following 2 home games, we will be only 3 points off a point per game.

Early days anyone accepting relegation now are massively off the mark. We’ll stay up with a bit to spare no problem.

Can’t say anyone accepting relegation is massively of the mark but then say we will stay up with a bit to spare no problem. 

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

That's that then. No point in watching the rest of the season.

Absolutely not bothered either way. We go down I've more chance of getting a season ticket so happy either way. 

Today I rekindled a little bit of my love for the club. Didn't know my blackened heart cared anymore. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can’t say anyone accepting relegation is massively of the mark but then say we will stay up with a bit to spare no problem. 

I’m very confident I’ll not be off the mark. We’re in a unique position for a club in our position, get to Jan in touch and we’ll breeze to safety when the cheque book gets opened.

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Absolutely not bothered either way. We go down I've more chance of getting a season ticket so happy either way. 

Today I rekindled a little bit of my love for the club. Didn't know my blackened heart cared anymore. 

Exactly, convinced it’ll not come to that but the club feels alive again. 

Cynics might sneer when we say we’ve got our club back, but we all care again and that’s all everyone wanted.

58 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

We’re down. It’ll take something amazing to stay up.

It'll take 30 or so points. There's 78 to play for so we can manage that if we keep up this level of intensity and address some of the defensive issues. 

1/3rd of the season gone, zero wins, worst defensive record in the league, just shipped 3 at home to the mighty Brentford in another must win match, 5pts off safety with a worse goal difference.

Hard to see us stopping up, even the teams supposedly worse than us according to many, are picking up points.

Take a miracle now. I really don't understand all the optimism after a 3-3 home draw with a newly promoted team.

7 minutes ago, Karjala said:

1/3rd of the season gone, zero wins, worst defensive record in the league, just shipped 3 at home to the mighty Brentford in another must win match, 5pts off safety with a worse goal difference.

Hard to see us stopping up, even the teams supposedly worse than us according to many, are picking up points.

Take a miracle now. I really don't understand all the optimism after a 3-3 home draw with a newly promoted team.

did you go today (genuine question, not having a go)?

i think most who did have a feeling of optimism because there were lots of positives to take both on the pitch and off it.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Exactly how I feel! I've made peace with relegation now but I'm back in love with my club. Can't see a way out of it for us. This group isn't good enough, especially defensively and come January we'll be we'll adrfit making bringing in the quality replacements we'd require even more difficult.

14 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

did you go today (genuine question, not having a go)?

i think most who did have a feeling of optimism because there were lots of positives to take both on the pitch and off it.

Unfortunately that defence negates the optimism - on the pitch anyway. Even before Howe came, the forward line was performing to mid table standard in terms of goals scored. However, that defence obliterates any optimism on the field, for again at the 8th time of asking in 12 games, the team has been required score 2 or more goals to even be within a chance of getting a result. Nothing can be done until January and there is 7 games to play. That defence currently is lower championship standard at best. Don't you think we all want to be ultra positive (long term I certainly am), but the warning signs have been flashing red all season and I can't see that changing until January. Unfortunately it maybe too late by then. Never mind the Premier League, Ashley has totaly fucked us this year by not signing even one or two half decent defenders. Not having a go at you either, just the way I see things currently. 

Edited by et tu brute