Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Aye, from reading that, Ashley isn’t really the problem for once. Yes, he increased the price, but they were willing to pay it.

Premier League wholly to blame.

PL officials were just representing the interests of their other member clubs, and obviously felt that an NUFC with such powerful backing was not good for those other clubs. Although they were never going to openly say it.

Could have done without that last bullet point

Point 2 makes it worse for me. Buyers were effectively happy to pay whatever was necessary to get the club.

Can't wait for more messages from my mate, telling me how Liverpool are PL champions, CL champions, World Club Champions etc etc.

curious to see if the premier league will have their own briefings in the press in the next few days, all we've heard so far is the Stavely and co camps view on things which while informative is only half the story. Anything from Ashleys pov is pointless as he appears to be a negligible to non factor in this failing

Point 2 makes it worse for me. Buyers were effectively happy to pay whatever was necessary to get the club.

Can't wait for more messages from my mate, telling me how Liverpool are PL champions, CL champions, World Club Champions etc etc.

The same Liverpool who opposed the takeover of a little club in the north east.

Should buy the club in anyway, then see how far the Premier League can take it, see exactly how much power they have, the answer is fuck all.

Would actually love to see that since I have no interest in seeing NUFC floundering under Ashley or some other carefully selected spiv owner next season anyway. Seeing NUFC barred from the PL would be no loss far as I'm concerned.

Aye, from reading that, Ashley isn’t really the problem for once. Yes, he increased the price, but they were willing to pay it.

PL officials were just representing the interests of their other member clubs, and obviously felt that an NUFC with such powerful backing was not good for those other clubs. Although they were never going to openly say it.

or the simpler non conspiracy theory explanation they were worried about future tv deals from bein with regards to the beoutq issue.

curious to see if the premier league will have their own briefings in the press in the next few days, all we've heard so far is the Stavely and co camps view on things which while informative is only half the story. Anything from Ashleys pov is pointless as he appears to be a negligible to non factor in this failing

Everything they say will be a fucking lie.

It was well known from the start that they were only interested in protecting their clubs.

Everything they say will be a fucking lie trying to deflect blame.

I hope SA tell the U.K. government that there will be no more trade at all until this is approved.

Should buy the club in anyway, then see how far the Premier League can take it, see exactly how much power they have, the answer is fuck all.

Would actually love to see that since I have no interest in seeing NUFC floundering under Ashley or some other carefully selected spiv owner next season anyway. Seeing NUFC barred from the PL would be no loss far as I'm concerned.

They couldn’t do it. No court in the land would back the Premier League as it’s not allowing free trade, it would be like the FFP rules, test it in law and it falls apart.

I've got one of those as well. Pretends to be sympathetic which makes it worse tbh, would prefer it if I could just tell him to fuck off.

Maybe it's the kg of chocolate I've consumed tonight but I'm more f***ed off with the PL than I am with Ashley in what's happened today.

Same. Its hard to say it but I blame them 100% in this situation.

Of course. They've been bribed from the start. Like I warned the second fucking Hatice got involved. So that's how they're hosting the world cup in the winter.

Everything they say will be a fucking lie.

It was well known from the start that they were only interested in protecting their clubs.

Everything they say will be a fucking lie trying to deflect blame.

I hope SA tell the U.K. government that there will be no more trade at all until this is approved.

Just what I've always wanted. My club used as a bargaining chip in arms deals.

Mind, there’s intense pressure and blame at the feet of the PL tonight. Apparently the buyers met on Tuesday to talk about releasing a statement to put pressure on the pl, but Drastically decided to call the whole thing off, and lose £17m. Or, this is the pressure but turned up to 11. We’ve had talk of other clubs interfering, pl moving goalposts, asking for KSA to be named as directors rather than pif...at the very least it sets up for an epic court case in which the pl will lose, though I think what may come out of this is lots of phone calls between parties including our government asking wtf are the pl playing at. Wouldn’t be surprised if Ashley is in on it to. Keeps the £17m and fresh terms are agreed.

Either way A shitshow has just been unleashed and it’s all firmly at the door of the PL, but I don’t think it’s over, certainly not for the pl anyway.

or the simpler non conspiracy theory explanation they were worried about future tv deals from bein with regards to the beoutq issue.

Is there any way you can get BeOUTQ in the UK? I'm planning on quitting subsidising Sky and other leading PL clubs, so will happily contribute to piracy if there's a way of doing it.

Ashley is 'distraught' yet still tried to extort more money out of them as soon as the deadline passed. f***ing die you t***. I hope this all comes crashing down around him.

Distraught he f***ed himself over hopefully greedy c***

I doubt he's bothered to reflect on his own contributions. He'll be raging at all the other parties.

Currently plotting his revenge, which will involve taking every opportunity to damage the reputation of the PL every time NUFC appear on global TV.

A good one would be to employ an embarrassing ar*ehole as manager and have him play the most turgid depressing football known to man with a clown of a record signing in a morgue of an atmosphere.