Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I've given up on the idea this can be salvaged but I do at least want the PL to suffer through some kind of investigation at least.

Don't think the PL give a flying f***, all the talk of being scared of getting sued seems to have been wishful thinking.

Only Ashley could have really taken them to the cleaners, and it seems he's happy enough to pocket £17m instead.

Seen a few mentions on Twitter about PIF pulling out to allow Ashley to sue PL for filibustering, if they are confident O&D test has been adhered to. Way of backing PL into corner with  potentially very expensive legal case.

Guest Howaythetoon

Deal is 100% dead, we will go though this again and again until Ashley sells however as that’s the only certain thing right now is that he 100% wants to sell. PL are corrupt as fuck and are 100% at fault here, that’s me done with football outside of my son’s team, the ‘Heed and maybe Newcastle BlueStar. Oh and England who I quite like under Southgate. I’ll be renewing my 50 quid per year IPTV sub happily, fuck SKY, BT, Amazon et al. Fuck the Pl, fuck MA, fuck his NUFC and the moron fans who have allowed him to remain here for over a decade and fuck the media and everyone else involved in this shit state of affairs Tommy :thup:

OK, I've lost the last few days and have no idea what's been written on the 1,795,264 pages of this thread since the announcement that Stavely & co have made about withdrawing the offer.

It could well be that what I'm about to type has been said a thousand times, so if it has then I apologise, but here goes...

Could it be that Stavely, Saudis et all had got so pissed off with PL prevarications, inane irrelevant questions that went on and on and on that they just said 'fuck them, let's withdraw the offer, stop all talk about future funding and TV bidding. Let them stew in their own juice and sit and think, in the cold light of the day, that they've been arseholes and will maybe regret this massively in the days and weeks to come'.

'We'll sit back, let them stew and when the shit has settled, come back with another bid but on our terms with the crap that the PL have been dishing out on us'.

The Saudi's and Amanda are very far from stupid and it's the sort of tactic I've used a few times in my corporate career. It's worked almost every single time.

...or am I just Strawing at the clutches?

Straw clutching. PL didn’t want to pass it, full stop.

The only thing that makes me think this is a hail Mary type play is that the announcement had barely happened and she'd done interviews with at least three places. It seems to me they've set their stall out to heap the pressure on the PL.

It's easy to say it from fucking Bulgaria but there must be a strong reaction from the fans. For one last time.

That's a huge decision that affects the well-being of the whole region - taken by a committee that lacks the expertise to make a decision like this. The "test" has never previously scrutinised another bid for even a quarter of the duration. And of course - the scandalous lack of transparency and the very valid concerns of unjust Qatari influence and yes, CORRUPTION.. I'm sure Richard Masters and the rest of the board know very well what they've done.. There must be some sort of independent audit and heads must roll for this!

The Ashley years have us all completely worn out but it would be good to at least sign off in style with a large protest. Fuck the Premier League! Fuck Ashley! Fuck BeIN, Qatar and fucking MBS!

Oh, and fuck the so-called media and anybody whose job is to cover the club professionally.. hopeless amateurs the lot!

It's easy to say it from fucking Bulgaria but there must be a strong reaction from the fans. For one last time.

That's a huge decision that affects the well-being of the whole region - taken by a committee that lacks the expertise to make a decision like this. The "test" has never previously scrutinised another bid for even a quarter of the duration. And of course - the scandalous lack of transparency and the very valid concerns of unjust Qatari influence and yes, CORRUPTION.. I'm sure Richard Masters and the rest of the board know very well what they've done.. There must be some sort of independent audit and heads must roll for this!

The Ashley years have us all completely worn out but it would be good to at least sign off in style with a large protest. Fuck the Premier League! Fuck Ashley! Fuck BeIN, Qatar and fucking MBS!

Oh, and fuck the so-called media and anybody whose job is to cover the club professionally.. hopeless amateurs the lot!

It will all die down within a week.

All the fans from other clubs falling over themselves laughing at this need to realise what has actually happened here. If you’re not in the top 6 you never will be and you’ll be stopped from ever attempting to join them. The top 6 will be allowed to strengthen their position from here, will want a greater share of tv money and the other clubs will basically become the side show for them to beat in front of the worldwide tv audience who will only support a top 6 club. We may as well play the games in the Colosseum and accept our fate.

All the fans from other clubs falling over themselves laughing at this need to realise what has actually happened here. If you’re not in the top 6 you never will be and you’ll be stopped from ever attempting to join them. The top 6 will be allowed to strengthen their position from here, will want a greater share of tv money and the other clubs will basically become the side show for them to beat in front of the worldwide tv audience who will only support a top 6 club. We may as well play the games in the Colosseum and accept our fate.

Yeah Masters will have received his congratulations from Levy, Fenway and co. As much as I despise Ashley this is why I’m out for good.

The Premier League should be left in no doubt they’re now reviled on Tyneside. The only takeover knowingly to never be approved in the Premier League era, let that fucking sink in.

It will all die down within a week.

Then we deserve our fate.

I'm curious why the petition was started on Change.org not the petition part of the parliment website.

I'm not sure any amount of signatures on change.org gets it discussed in parliment, I could be wrong though?

Only applies to public institutions, or private ones carrying out public duties i thought? Premier League is not a public sector institution

Correct.

The only avenue for appeal would, I imagine be CAS. Problem is, you can't launch an appeal if they don't make a decision.

*insert Eddie Murphy gif here*

The guy tapping his head? That isn't Eddie Murphy

Yeah Masters will have received his congratulations from Levy, Fenway and co. As much as I despise Ashley this is why I’m out for good.

The Premier League should be left in no doubt they’re now reviled on Tyneside. The only takeover knowingly to never be approved in the Premier League era, let that fucking sink in.

They don't care about being reviled on Tyneside. As far as most of them are concerned we might as well be in Scotland. They would only be bothered if Ashley sued them, and he's pocketed £17m for nothing basically, I remain to be convinced he would take it further when that amount will tide him over nicely for now. In the end though you'd have thought he'd prefer to sell, and in the current climate, the Saudis were the only realistic buyers. So he needs to get the lawyers briefed asap.

The problem is any takeover that does actually happen is going to feel like such a fucking anti-climax knowing we had groups willing to invest hundreds of millions into our first team squad.

We'll never get a chance like this again but I'm not really sure what we can do other than hope for a miracle.

Thought that Richard Masters chap was a smarmy cunt the first time I saw him being interviewed and questioned about it.

The test itself is/should have been a process which took a month, maybe 6 weeks at best.

“Do they have the funds? Check.”

“Do they have any criminal convictions? No”

“Are they involved in anything that could be seen as criminal?”

“Well, no.. but let’s try and link them to something and if we can’t we’ll just bury our heads in the sand.”

The Premier League has shown itself to be run more like Formula 1, where a handful of teams or sponsors can call the shots and lobby against anyone else ever threatening their position.

I’ve always just taken for granted that this organisation (the PL) represented its members equally and fairly. How wrong I was ?

The problem is any takeover that does actually happen is going to feel like such a fucking anti-climax knowing we had groups willing to invest hundreds of millions into our first team squad.

We'll never get a chance like this again but I'm not really sure what we can do other than hope for a miracle.

Literally an owner who invests what the club generates and a honest, aspirational manager and the place would be rocking. I don't need Messi I just want to care again.

Literally an owner who invests what the club generates and a honest, aspirational manager and the place would be rocking. I don't need Messi I just want to care again.

I want us to challenge the top boys. I get what you're saying but I think that's because that reality seems a hell of a lot better than what we get now, and it is but if we had that there would always be a frustration we still couldn't touch the top 4.

I still don't understand why MBS didn't put the pressure on Boris earlier? Surely if we need SA so much it wouldn't take much effort getting him involved.

Because MBS probably isn’t directly involved in this. PIF yes and I’m sure he takes credit for their successes but that’s all down to Yassir Al-Rumayyan.