Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It's telling that Staveley specifically mentioned that they would have got the deposit back if the O&D test had been refused, and now this from the Ruben's side. They're setting out the claims that the PL will face if it doesn't approve the O&D test.

The PL itself is not a rich organisation, it has assets of less than £0.5m and a turnover of about £3m, the costs of a case alone could bankrupt them.

I’m sure they could find a willing party to bankroll it

It's telling that Staveley specifically mentioned that they would have got the deposit back if the O&D test had been refused, and now this from the Ruben's side. They're setting out the claims that the PL will face if it doesn't approve the O&D test.

The PL itself is not a rich organisation, it has assets of less than £0.5m and a turnover of about £3m, the costs of a case alone could bankrupt them.

I’m sure they could find a willing party to bankroll it

:lol: Aye. Shame JB is looking at their on record finances

Tories will do nothing to help this part of the world - they have never given a flying fuck about the North East. They only love to put the boot in.

History bares it out.

Blyth Valley is a True Blue heartland

"Concluded shortly" is what Masters said a month ago..

And it would've been, if PIF just done everything the PL asked of them and made the government a director so they could easily fail it.

I don't see how this has a positive outcome unfortunately. They're not going to approve it considering the backlash, for the fear of looking even weaker than they do now.

Who cares tbh? If the deal's dead might as well give the PL as many headaches as possible. Fuck them.

Incidentally where are all those fans who didn't want the Saudi takeover? Seems now they've gone quiet about alternative US investors now that the danger of a Saudi takeover has passed.

I mean Richard Keys has obviously tossed that angle and moved on - job done. But where do you go if you are a Newcastle fan?

And it would've been, if PIF just done everything the PL asked of them and made the government a director so they could easily fail it.

I don't see how this has a positive outcome unfortunately. They're not going to approve it considering the backlash, for the fear of looking even weaker than they do now.

Who cares tbh? If the deal's dead might as well give the PL as many headaches as possible. Fuck them.

Incidentally where are all those fans who didn't want the Saudi takeover? Seems now they've gone quiet about alternative US investors now that the danger of a Saudi takeover has passed.

I mean Richard Keys has obviously tossed that angle and moved on - job done. But where do you go if you are a Newcastle fan?

I mean I don't really care, even hearing stuff from Reubens/Newcastle racecourse or whatever barely musters anything.

I'm just being real to myself in accepting it's probably fucked in its current makeup. I personally love the petty bombardment on Twitter etc. I think it hurts them a little more than some people like to think.

I don't know much about the Reuben Brothers to be honest, but from what I've read I have to say im surprised by that statement considering that they seem more like the "quiet" types. Tactics I guess. Not that I think this will happen. Either way, I want fucking answers from the PL. A decision.

I mean I don't really care, even hearing stuff from Reubens/Newcastle racecourse or whatever barely musters anything.

I'm just being real to myself in accepting it's probably fucked in its current makeup. I personally love the petty bombardment on Twitter etc. I think it hurts them a little more than some people like to think.

They are reporting accounts for spamming (and having them banned) so yeah  guess its getting to them.

They are reporting accounts for spamming (and having them banned) so yeah  guess its getting to them.

Can you do that on twitter like? Not something you could get overturned?

Tories will do nothing to help this part of the world - they have never given a flying fuck about the North East. They only love to put the boot in.

History bares it out.

I'm no Tory but Nissan setting up in Washington was on their watch. They're all about entrepreneurs and private sector investment.

They'll do nowt about this because it'll be very public and they know they'll get pelters for it. They've got tighter control over how their political and economical dealings with Saudi are viewed by the public.

3 day ban from posting. They’ll be back and they can’t ban them all.

I like the Reubens making a statement.

Still interested if there is any way to resurrect the deal.

How about you break one of your Billion pound notes and just do it yourself.

Although to be fair, that 700 million in change wiln destroy his pockets.

Tories will do nothing to help this part of the world - they have never given a flying f*** about the North East. They only love to put the boot in.

History bares it out.

Reuben brothers are major Tory donors...

I'm more than happy to make up accounts just to do this. :lol:

I'm more than happy to make up accounts just to do this. :lol:

I think that’s what people are doing. Strike 1 account down, 4 more stand in its place.  :lol:

This’ll go on forever, they’ll not back down. Good on them, they haven’t given up on the club, not till the fat man sings.

Can someone please explain how Sheffield United can be legally owned by a Saudi prince but not us?

because he's acting like a private individual compared to the investment arm of the saudi state, also for the record he also would have done the O&D test with the EFL not the premier league, not sure what the process is for dealing with that via promotion

Can someone please explain how Sheffield United can be legally owned by a Saudi prince but not us?

Think this was done to death, but because one is a prince and one was the government basically.

But by the new OD test remit, you could argue he could bow to pressure from above as much as PIF if someone like MBS decided to.