Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I read the BBC article as Bin Salman was originally going to be the decision maker but when that was a problem (they couldn't sufficiently prove he wasn't connected to the government) they raised that as a red flag and now they need to find somebody who doesn't cause a red flag. Presumably all candidates will have their business links which can be conflicts of interest and are difficult to get out of - wasn't there some talk about one the board being linked to a Man Utd sponsor? There's probably all sorts of that.

I still can’t get over this is the apparent stage we are at.  :lol: We’re at day one. To start the owners and directors test you first need to identify the owners and directors. TBC. Wtf man?  :lol:

Haven't they allegedly been trying to speak to PIF board members through lawyers for a while though?

Probably got the wrong phone number.

I said a while back I think they are delaying it in purpose in the hopes the Saudis pull out, I’m more convinced than ever this is the case. I simply don’t see how it ever goes through.

It ends when the PL make a formal decision. I just cannot see the buyers giving up. Not after the time, effort and money that's gone into this.

I said a while back I think they are delaying it in purpose in the hopes the Saudis pull out, I’m more convinced than ever this is the case. I simply don’t see how it ever goes through.

It ends when the PL make a formal decision. I just cannot see the buyers giving up. Not after the time, effort and money that's gone into this.

The ridiculous thing is that it seems the premier league have absolutely no obligation to make one at all if they choose not too.

Guest godzilla

Of course they won't and they will take it all the way to court, if that is what is required.

I think the PL don't want MBS to be connected to the club due to his human rights and piracy issues.

Imagine they give it a pass but say he must not be connected. How the fuck would he get the money into the club? Surely you can't just have someone not connected to the club throwing money at it?

The ridiculous thing is that it seems the premier league have absolutely no obligation to make one at all if they choose not too.

They would effectively be losing the Saudis their £17 million deposit though, and I don't see them being too impressed with that, imagine there would be some kind of legal action.  As many have said, PIF Staveley and the Reubens are too far into this to just let it go without a whimper.

It certainly does look that way but in reality, they'll have to eventually.

I've watched and listened to everything without saying too much.

A bit tired of ITK's and 'I think' or 'I believe' or 'I've heard' speculation.

Clearly the PL are going very deeply into this and have asked /demanded many questions about the Bein issue, human rights and ownership. Probably way too deeply - seen to be doing the right thing as much as actually doing the right thing.

At what stage will prospective new owners start threatening legal action against the PL in an effort to force a decision one way or another?

I suspect that lawyers are preparing a civil suit right now. It's what most big companies do if takeovers are frustrated and delayed, in my very real experience.

...and I think the PL will be shitting themselves if this happens, because they will lose.

Let the court case begin...... mark my words, the threat is there already.

I feel better reading that. Thanks geordie john !

..and thank you too! Do you think I'm on the right track?

Very much so, it seems very likely that this case will need legal action (or perhaps only the 'threat' of it) to bring it to the right conclusion, and I think (also) that this is very close and may have even started.

The thing to remember is that Staveley/PIF/Reubens individually mean business, and 'together' . . wow.

I certainly wouldn't want to be in the PL's shoes if it comes to Legal Action!

I guess Caulkin hasn't commented yet, for what its worth?

Seems to be entirely consistent with his account of events. The PL keep asking questions that the Bidders can’t provide (according to the EPL) sufficient answers to in order for them to make a decision. Given that they were (we’re led to understand) provided with details of the structure of the consortium when the bid was sent for approval months ago, It seems questionable whether they’ll ever achieve enough clarity to make a decision either way or more cynically, are simply trying to engineer a situation that will enable them to “legitimately” reject it.

Surely it’s inconceivable to imagine the Quataries to have unduly influenced proceedings cos it’s not like they’ve got form for that sort of thing.

Seems to be entirely consistent with his account of events. The PL keep asking questions that the Bidders can’t provide (according to the EPL) sufficient answers to in order for them to make a decision. Given that they were (we’re led to understand) provided with details of the structure of the consortium when the bid was sent for approval months ago, It seems questionable whether they’ll ever achieve enough clarity to make a decision either way or more cynically, are simply trying to engineer a situation that will enable them to “legitimately” reject it.

Surely it’s inconceivable to imagine the Quataries to have unduly influenced proceedings cos it’s not like they’ve got form for that sort of thing.

Did you mean:

Qataries

Qataris

Quandaries

Quarries

Just messing :lol:

For all the doom tonight even the grim reaper himself admits it’s not blocked.

Deadlock ffs.

So what next? Is it a case that they’re working things out or are both sides just sat waiting for the other to blink?

Would only happen to NUFC this. :lol:

Guest godzilla

For all the doom tonight even the grim reaper himself admits it’s not blocked.

The bloke is a total and utter c***. If you want to see what an absolute clueless prick he is, listen to the latest True Faith podcast

It seems to me that the issue is that the O&D test applies to everyone that has “control” over the club’s affairs (“control” as defined very specifically in the O&D test)

Perhaps the initial bid and paperwork included the owners and directors, but didn’t apply a broad definition to who might have control at the club? The PL then goes back to the consortium and says “What about the King’s son, and the Undersecretary for Piracy and the Minister for Baby Killing? Prove they won’t have influence over the club or, if not, they have to submit to the O&D test.”

Consortium “Er...”

*100 days later*

“Er...”