Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I like Caulkin but I don’t think his reporting is all that special, and he was unwise to make himself the spokesperson for Staveley to such an extent.

At the end of the day he’s a football journalist, what they can know is very limited.

All I know about him is what I read on here and I've seen nothing to explain the love-in that some have. I really don't have an opinion on him, but the way people go on about him is ridiculous.

Just what I was trying to get at. Yes he's good but he's no prophet  like some see him on here

I like Caulkin but I don’t think his reporting is all that special, and he was unwise to make himself the spokesperson for Staveley to such an extent.

At the end of the day he’s a football journalist, what they can know is very limited.

All I know about him is what I read on here and I've seen nothing to explain the love-in that some have. I really don't have an opinion on him, but the way people go on about him is ridiculous.

Just what I was trying to get at. Yes he's good but he's no prophet  like some see him on here

I already voiced some doubts about his being too friendly to be objective re NUFC players and staff, but was grateful that he tried to keep us in the loop as far as the takeover was concerned. Not his fault that the PL kept moving the goalposts. Yes he could have been more cautious, but I think he acted on good faith.

I already voiced some doubts about his being too friendly to be objective re NUFC players and staff, but was grateful that he tried to keep us in the loop as far as the takeover was concerned. Not his fault that the PL kept moving the goalposts. Yes he could have been more cautious, but I think he acted on good faith.[b/]

This. All day.

Caulkin reckons getting the lawyers involved is to force the PL to finally make an official decision that could be then took to appeal that the buyers would have confidence in winning.

Also says the buyers had been in daily dialogue with the club including discussions on player recruitment. Probably why we’ve got Wilson, Fraser and Lewis

But but but, they're Bruce's buys?

Caulkin has as much a clue as Edwards. He built a reputation on being significantly more articulate that the typical local journalist and having a tenuous friendship with Staveley which has been shown up to be worth less than a slice of dung smeared toast.

I'd be happy to state that people on this forum know as much about what has gone on as Caulkin does after the last few months.

Completely untrue.

How so? People on here only know what Caulkin and the press tell them barring a few that claim to be ITK. So i Don't think it's unreasonable to claim that people on here know as much as he does (or publishes at least).

There's enough members watching many many sources and reports, so anything that comes out tends to end up here one way or another.

So your argument is that we know as much as Caulkin does after he tells us, which means he knows nowt?  That would only be true if he never received new info.

Also the reasoning that all his info from Staveley is worthless because what she's told him hasn't always come to pass is faulty.  For instance she might be assured the takeover is being allowed soon.  She tells Caulkin who passes, something changes and it doesn't happen That's a case of changing circumstances rather than inaccurate info.  So it's no reason the think all other info is worthless.

I tried this approach a while back, with Sean if I remember correctly(maybe Godzilla).  What a fun time that was.