Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I'm totally missing Money Mike Ashley mind!

I would not be in the least bit surprised if he returned with a bit of a bang in the near future.

Can't deny that as each silent day passes, I give up that little bit more.

Been said a thousand times before but i wish there was just some finality to this, either way.

I would not be in the least bit surprised if he returned with a bit of a bang in the near future.

Been said a thousand times before but i wish there was just some finality to this, either way.

There is , just accept its over , the Pl is rigged , football is bloated and corrupt . Act accordingly ...

There is , just accept its over , the Pl is rigged , football is bloated and corrupt . Act accordingly ...

Our people involved are far too good, far too capable, far too used to 'winning' to be beaten on this.

It is just a matter of time . . though I know that 'patience' is difficult at times !

it's healthy having so many new members join the forum since this takeover saga started......assumed they were interested to see/read and hear all the news about our potential change of luck....what I can't understand is why they then proceed to tell us all "it's over"....please leave us to dream about what might still happen to our club.....we don't want your pessimism and negativity even if it is true....we would just like to be left alone with our thoughts and dreams......I frequent this board regularly to get my daily dose of "positive" updates from the likes of Whitley Mag....Mind you this may just be my opinion, and as said previously everyone has the right to be on the board and discuss all sides of the takeover, either positive or pessimistic......Personally I only like to read the "nice" ones.....Rant Over

Sorry manorpark, I don't think the likes of InspectorCoarse require a response.

If you need a walkthrough on how to mute people, give me a message.

Thanks, you're probably right. I do tend to think that every poster is worthy of a response, no matter how 'perverse' their expressed opinions seem to be.

I'll take your comment into account in future.

At least the nonsense is generally confined to this thread.

Only thread worth reading in terms of NUFC as all the others, just like the football club, are completely pointless if this takeover doesn't happen. The football club in it's current state is the most pointless club in world football, with an owner with no ambition playing in a league that actually STOPS you challenging at the top. So like I say, it's the takeover or nothing for me, everything else is just irrelevant background noise.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, entitled to hope for the best and imagine what it will be like once we're run like a real club with money to spend. People are also entitled to feel embittered by what's happened in the past and the negativity they feel due to how we've been treated in the past and resigned to more of the same.

Can we just draw the line at expecting other people to accept your thought process as absolute truth? Maybe stop telling others how to think/feel, mocking and abusing others for having a differing opinion? By all means discuss, this is a discussion board after all, we don't all have to agree.

Has Mimms stopped with updates for good then? Shame if he has, his updates offered some hope.

Just my opinion, but I have always felt that he only posts when he has something tangible to contribute.

So - I feel that he will be back !!

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, entitled to hope for the best and imagine what it will be like once we're run like a real club with money to spend. People are also entitled to feel embittered by what's happened in the past and the negativity they feel due to how we've been treated in the past and resigned to more of the same.

Can we just draw the line at expecting other people to accept your thought process as absolute truth? Maybe stop telling others how to think/feel, mocking and abusing others for having a differing opinion? By all means discuss, this is a discussion board after all, we don't all have to agree.

Has Mimms stopped with updates for good then? Shame if he has, his updates offered some hope.

Just my opinion, but I have always felt that he only posts when he has something tangible to contribute.

Whitney Houston.

Mimms’ info was great, but overall was never anything to get excited about or that this was moving forward or at all happening. It got people excited, myself included, which isn’t a bad thing considering the state of play, but in the end nothing That mattered materialised.

It’s almost as if some sources within the club are releasing information knowing that it will get to the fans and to keep them interested, the spotlight is firmly off Ashley, he’s never had it so easy. Just a thought.

Mimms’ info was great, but overall was never anything to get excited about or that this was moving forward or at all happening. It got people excited, myself included, which isn’t a bad thing considering the state of play, but in the end nothing That mattered materialised.

It’s almost as if some sources within the club are releasing information knowing that it will get to the fans and to keep them interested, the spotlight is firmly off Ashley, he’s never had it so easy. Just a thought.

Well the club have confirmed legal action against the PL so not really accurate to say nothing has materialised. Top gun lawyers onboard at that.

I doubt he will come back. Why would he when the other guy try to threaten him and all. What did the moderators do to protect him?

You lot deserve the silence. Saudi and Qatar are on the verge of making peace. That will unlock lots of things. Master and Hoffman will get their pay day from Qatar and will be told not to stand away on the Saudis way.

I doubt he will come back. Why would he when the other guy try to threaten him and all. What did the moderators do to protect him?

You lot deserve the silence. Saudi and Qatar are on the verge of making peace. That will unlock lots of things. Master and Hoffman will get their pay day from Qatar and will be told not to stand away on the Saudis way.

Perhaps they’ll sort something out but why would you assume that it would pave the way towards a takeover here?

The reason Saudi wanted to buy a club in the first place was to stick it to Qatar. Less motivation now if everything is all happy families

Perhaps they’ll sort something out but why would you assume that it would pave the way towards a takeover here?

The reason Saudi wanted to buy a club in the first place was to stick it to Qatar. Less motivation now if everything is all happy families

Well that's bollocks.  They want to invest in things, the club/PL is one of those things.  The Qatar thing would have been a nice bonus to them, no more.

The rivery still will be there. When the blockade ends they will not be BFF overnight.

Had reply from my MP who has stated her support in our fight.

My MP's reply:

Thank you for contacting me about the recent potential Newcastle United take over bid and the role that the Premier League played in the bid ultimately being unsuccessful, I appreciate the time you have taken to get in touch.

As a Newcastle fan myself, I understand that many of my fellow supporters were hoping that the proposed takeover bid would go ahead and I appreciate their disappointment. However, it is important to note that the takeover bid was a matter solely for the parties concerned, with no involvement from Government. Ministers did not hold any discussions with the FA, the Premier League or sports rights holders on the potential sale of Newcastle United FC. Any sale is a matter for the interested parties, and for the Premier League to assess under its Owners’ and Directors’ Test.

I understand the desire from the fans for clarity over the role the Premier League played in the rejection and withdrawal of the takeover bid, and I welcome the fact that their Chief Executive has now responded to enquiries from several MPs. He said that there had been a dispute over what information consortium members would need to provide to satisfy its Owners' and Directors' Test, but one of the members withdrew before this could be resolved. 

I think that it is also important to note that Newcastle United have confirmed they have launched legal proceedings against the Premier League following the failed takeover bid. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to comment on these proceedings, but I hope they can be appropriately resolved in a timely manner.

You can rest assured that I am monitoring the situation closely and will support any representations made my fellow MP’s to the Premier League. I have also been in contact with Newcastle MP Chi Onwurah to offer my support in any on going work on the situation.

Once again, thankyou for taking the time to contact me, if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch.