Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

De Marco winning everything else just heightens my pessimism unfortunately as it'd textbook NUFC for us to be the one he doesn't win.

:lol:

I know what you mean like. On the flip side I don’t think he’d have put his reputation on the line if he thought losing was a possibility.

I may be very wrong here, but I'm sure I read someone on here saying he had to take the case when it came his way. Something about barristers and "Cab Rank"? Not sure if it applies here and I may have been dreaming :lol:

Now that you mention it, that does ring a bell.

Surely it can’t be the case though or I could hire him to help sue my neighbour for constructing their fence 10cm into my garden. :lol:

De Marco winning everything else just heightens my pessimism unfortunately as it'd textbook NUFC for us to be the one he doesn't win.

I know what you mean like. On the flip side I don’t think he’d have put his reputation on the line if he thought losing was a possibility.

I may be very wrong here, but I'm sure I read someone on here saying he had to take the case when it came his way. Something about barristers and "Cab Rank"? Not sure if it applies here and I may have been dreaming :lol:

Surely it can’t be the case though or I could hire him to help sue my neighbour for constructing their fence 10cm into my garden. :lol:

It can’t be true as all the lawyers involved with both cases have been hand picked. Not saying this rule doesn’t apply in some instances, but certainly hasn’t happened here.

It can’t be true as all the lawyers involved with both cases have been hand picked. Not saying this rule doesn’t apply in some instances, but certainly hasn’t happened here.

What a bunch of toxic guys I feel bad for you Whitley mag.

Aye

b25lY21zOjYxZWM3MGRkLTIyNjMtNGE5ZS04YTM1LWIyZTVkZmJkNGMwZTplOWZhNWUwNi04N2M5LTQwNjMtOWRkYy0wOGY1MmZhODRlMjc=.jpg?width=640&enable=upscale

:lol:  Tool

:lol::lol: What an absolute tit.

Poor old Chops, he probably got hoodwinked into investing his last few shillings with them, then felt utterly compelled to vouch for them repeatedly over that short but hilarious unraveling.

Yes, an absolute tit 🙂

I was reading the notebook and delighted to read the buyers are having SUPREME confidence in Nick winning the arbitration. I come here at the Pessimism takeover thread you lot discussing about the Singapore guys  :facepalm:

Just took a peek in the other thread and they’re posting webcam footage of a boat docking in the Bahamas. :lol:

I was reading the notebook and delighted to read the buyers are having SUPREME confidence in Nick winning the arbitration. I come here at the Pessimism takeover thread you lot discussing about the Singapore guys  :facepalm:

Just took a peek in the other thread and they’re posting webcam footage of a boat docking in the Bahamas. :lol:

Potential buyer of club arriving at the same place as where the current owner also arrives. I mean it's not absurd to think something might be happening  :lol:

"They", huh? You know, sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

edit: safety :lol:

Potential buyer of club arriving at the same place as where the current owner also arrives. I mean it's not absurd to think something might be happening  :lol:

:lol: Need more photos of bread, tbh.

:lol::lol:

I think if anyone really thinks that then takeover is on the cards soon have to be kidding themselves as I can’t see anyone being interested in taking over the club if relegation occurs. The fact that Ashley is gambling also to me doesn’t seem a sign of anything being imminent. It would be absolutely crazy he is wanting to gamble a nailed on 350 million deal. Cannot see any takeover happening before we know what league we’re in first.

I can see the ‘issues’ being sorted it and a pathway being clear but I really can’t see PIF just going ahead with buying the club when the league position is so precarious and taking all emotion out of it they’d get fuckin mental to

Fuck sake, a few results go against us before we play our game (yeah I know odds are we lose tomorrow) and all of a sudden everyone is at the Tyne bridge again ready to jump off.

This place is ridiculous.

Calm down mate. There's every reason to be worried about Fulham. Naive to not be worried at all. Doubt people are prepared to jump off a bridge quite yet though.

f*** sake, a few results go against us before we play our game (yeah I know odds are we lose tomorrow) and all of a sudden everyone is at the Tyne bridge again ready to jump off.

Calm down mate. There's every reason to be worried about Fulham. Naive to not be worried at all. Doubt people are prepared to jump off a bridge quite yet though.

Of course there is every reason to be worried when Bruce is in charge and Wilson is out for a good few weeks.

Fuck sake, a few results go against us before we play our game (yeah I know odds are we lose tomorrow) and all of a sudden everyone is at the Tyne bridge again ready to jump off.

Is it worrying that Fulham won, yeah ok, but we are still in a good position and should still be able to gain enough points to keep ourselves safe over the course of the reason.

I can understand people jumping into the relegation thread to display their fears, but come on, bringing it into the takeover thread and projecting there before the Fulham game is even over. It’s just a fucking piss take that people in here do that when they spend the rest of the time falling over themselves to show how they are level headed.

f*** sake, a few results go against us before we play our game (yeah I know odds are we lose tomorrow) and all of a sudden everyone is at the Tyne bridge again ready to jump off.

They have won 3 out of 23 games. Calm down.

What? Yeah because I'm not calm.. :lol:

I am calm as ever, but it wouldn't surprise me if Fulham catch us. I know they've won 3 games only. Thing is though, that for the last few weeks Fulham have been playing well but not managed to have the finishing touches to make it into wins. This win could give them the additional bit of confidence to turn good performances into points. Especially if Maja can be effective for them.

Is it worrying that Fulham won, yeah ok, but we are still in a good position and should still be able to gain enough points to keep ourselves safe over the course of the reason.

I can understand people jumping into the relegation thread to display their fears, but come on, bringing it into the takeover thread and projecting there before the Fulham game is even over. It’s just a fucking piss take that people in here do that when they spend the rest of the time falling over themselves to show how they are level headed.

:neutral:

Fulham are playing good football and have the fixtures that can allow them to generate some momentum, while we are playing Man Utd and Chelsea with some key players missing for a couple of months.

You'd be stupid not to be concerned at all. We aren't in trouble yet, but it very possibly isn't far around the corner.

They’ve also only lost 1 out of their last 5.

They’re also above us in the form table over the last 5, 10 or 15 games.

Depends which stats you look at.