PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 hours ago, midds said:

Imagine it man. "Well a similar performing club to you only managed to get £2.357m for their shirt sleeve so you're not allowed to get any more than that. It's unfair if you do as it wouldn't be fair. It's unfair if you get more than them so no, you can't be allowed to sign that deal. That's not fair"

Fuck me man :lol:

Well quite :lol:. Not sure what people think is gonna happen. There’s going to come a point when the fans realize that Saudi Arabia buying Newcastle means that you’re actually an elite club with as much money as you want, and no longer an outsider.

11 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

I'm not sure that is correct, infrastructure, community, youth & women's football spending still seem to be excluded from the FFP calculation by Annex J.4 of the new regulations. But I've only briefly looked at it and a lot of it goes over my head, so  might be completely wrong.

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0274-14dc03ef33b9-3e2caa872860-1000/20220408_club_licensing_and_financial_sustainability_regulations_2022-en.pdf

Kieran McGuire doesn’t seem to think it will effect premier leagues own FFP rules and all fine 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's sad to see someone who is very good at their job, like Kieran Maguire, be given shit by our online fan base because they perceive what he's saying as an attack on the club. Calm the fuck down lads and lasses.

Come a long way Kieran Maguire since the days he used to be our Uni lecturer - was a top bloke 

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's sad to see someone who is very good at their job, like Kieran Maguire, be given shit by our online fan base because they perceive what he's saying as an attack on the club. Calm the fuck down lads and lasses.

Social media is horrific for football opinions like. So many folk with small man syndrome constantly worried someone else is having a dig.

8 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

The figure is being taken from what we were reported to be asking for a few months back. It's entirely possible the PL might have forced us to make it smaller since then. 

Would we be sharing the value of our commercial deals with the PL in advance?

Guest HTT II
10 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Future HQ for the womens and youth players from what I’ve heard, youth being under 18s…

Guest HTT II

The plans will see it brought to PL standards in terms of pitches and some facilities, but overall it will always fall short of even Leicester’s facilities. 

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

The plans will see it brought to PL standards in terms of pitches and some facilities, but overall it will always fall short of even Leicester’s facilities. 

This is a short to medium term fix - isn't it?

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

That to me shows how serious they are and should allay any fears people have that they won't spend

Could easily have said pointless wasting money for the next few years as we'll be building a proper facility 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

This is a short to medium term fix - isn't it?

I’ve heard they want everything under one roof so to speak regarding the senior and women’s team and youth players, but it may not be feasible, if they are investing right now in the current training ground I think they won’t want to lose it so to speak and again I’ve heard it will eventually end up as the HQ of the women’s team and under 18s youth teams for the foreseeable. It will also become some kind of footy hub for grassroots football, licenced out to kids’ teams and for tournaments etc. which they have kind of half arsed done under Ashley in the past!

8 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Social media is horrific for football opinions like. So many folk with small man syndrome constantly worried someone else is having a dig.

I’ve stopped following fan accounts and random supporters and the experience on Twitter is far better. Just use it as a news source now.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I’ve stopped following fan accounts and random supporters and the experience on Twitter is far better. Just use it as a news source now.

Exactly this. Chainsawed the accounts I follow down to 40.