PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

21 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Would buy

20230502_185607.jpg

It always amazes me how easy it is for people online to make amazing mockups like this but the professionals actually designing the kit always come up with something shite or just boring. 

Our form and us potentially finishing in the top 4 this season is an absolute game changer. To be well ahead of schedule, having broke the so called top 6 allowing us some financial parity and more leverage for commercial deals is massive. If we'd finished 7th and the likes of Spurs and Chelsea had good seasons, I dont think it would have been half as impactful. The importance of this season might well be looked back on for years to come. 

11 minutes ago, Decky said:

It always amazes me how easy it is for people online to make amazing mockups like this but the professionals actually designing the kit always come up with something shite or just boring. 

That one looks a thousand times better simply by avoiding any garish blue and by avoiding any white stickers over the black and white; whether it's around the badge or the sponsor. The Fun88 logo this season looks so terrible cos its white base layer: A, is different to the white of the stripes and B, goes over the black. A black band a la the 2011/12 shirt (and the above mock-up) isn't ideal but it's preferable to a continuous white sticker. 

One of the unavoidable problems with Castore (in addition to the dreadful quality) is that one of their signatures is those farcical dots that appear on the back or under the sleeves. 

18 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Got a 90/91 black greenalls label vibe about it.  Or maybe the black McEwans logo Entertainers one.

I like.

The shirt with the Blue Star (92?) was brilliant - quality of the shirt was excellent from what I recall 

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

I just can’t see direct flights to Saudi. The Dubai route is so valuable to the airport and the wider region. They’ve been trying to convince Emirates to go twice daily for a decade now, which would immediately go in the bin if they were to start a service to SA.

4 minutes ago, christ said:

I just can’t see direct flights to Saudi. The Dubai route is so valuable to the airport and the wider region. They’ve been trying to convince Emirates to go twice daily for a decade now, which would immediately go in the bin if they were to start a service to SA.

Yeah, apparently we were close to a 2nd daily route until lockdown.

However it is the cargo that demands that. I can’t see how SA is going to muscle in on it.

Dubai is a massive cargo hub for the Middle East, not sure if anywhere in Saudi is. If you are including passengers, then there isn’t a demand from the North East to go to Saudi, and outside of a few rich blokes in Saudi, I doubt there is a huge demand the other way.

With Dubai, even Abu Dhabi, and a lesser extent Qatar, you at least have the tourism aspect there, as well as onwards connections to the far east.

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Yeah, apparently we were close to a 2nd daily route until lockdown.

However it is the cargo that demands that. I can’t see how SA is going to muscle in on it.

Dubai is a massive cargo hub for the Middle East, not sure if anywhere in Saudi is. If you are including passengers, then there isn’t a demand from the North East to go to Saudi, and outside of a few rich blokes in Saudi, I doubt there is a huge demand the other way.

With Dubai, even Abu Dhabi, and a lesser extent Qatar, you at least have the tourism aspect there, as well as onwards connections to the far east.

It’s just a lose-lose as far as I can tell. There’s no real market for it, so it would be a failure on those terms however it would risk cannibalising some of the Dubai traffic.

I don’t get the impression NCL would spend nearly two decades cultivating a relationship with Emirates to the point we have a really successful long haul service to a major hub from what is our pretty piddly l regional airport and risk pissing the airline off for this.