PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

I honestly can see the sponsorship deals ending up in the competition courts in the future. The owners have already put the shot across the bows and cannot see them accepting interference from other clubs as it’s anti-competitive and a restraint of trade. Going to interesting to see what sponsorships are announced 

I hope so, I mean FFP is already a ridiculous constraint to be put under but this sponsorship restriction is beyond the pale. 

I’m sure they have Demarco on speed dial. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I hope so, I mean FFP is already a ridiculous constraint to be put under but this sponsorship restriction is beyond the pale. 

I’m sure they have Demarco on speed dial. 

Well as I mentioned yesterday, he’s a guest at the match on Tuesday. I’m sure both QCs the club used are still on board with the new owners 

Edited by et tu brute

16 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I honestly can see the sponsorship deals ending up in the competition courts in the future. The owners have already put the shot across the bows and I cannot see them accepting interference from other clubs as it’s anti-competitive and a restraint of trade. Going to interesting to see what sponsorships are announced 

It's interesting that we don't have any new sponsorship deals yet, it's possible we've submitted a deal for approval and the PL either haven't made a decision or are saying it's above fair market value.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

It's interesting that we don't have any new sponsorship deals yet, it's possible we've submitted a deal for approval and the PL either haven't made a decision or are saying it's above fair market value.

Neither approving it or denying it

It means the owners have put 40 million in shares to the club, it’s a common tactic used for running costs I believe. (Not sure it is used for transfers etc as it does not count towards FFP but I may be wrong)

Looks to be the second investment from them. Third if you count the initial outlay of 305m. Second was 38.5m, this one 40m. I figured that is what the PZ Newco stuff means when it says 383.5m in allotment of shares

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Where are they getting this money from? I'm sure some financial wizard on rtg said our owners are actually broke and the takeover is not what it seems? 

Back of their sofa…

4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Where are they getting this money from? I'm sure some financial wizard on rtg said our owners are actually broke and the takeover is not what it seems? 

Maybe RTG should canvas opinion on the mindset of our owners from someone with a PhD in political and moral philosophy.

18 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Tbf, the clarity becomes a bit fuzzy when you are looking all the way back from the third division.

15 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

wonder if that price will be honoured if I cash in the old NUFC share I purchased way back in John Hall time.    What a nice little earner that will have been

Haha That’s long gone mate. I still have my cheque :lol:

Edited by gdm

I think the nominal value of the share is 5p, not 50p. Not that it really matters.

It's also right that this will have nothing to do with FFP, but I think it might be related to our recent transfers.

If I had to guess, many of those transfers will have needed an up front cash payment, as well as later installments.

So, it could just have been to cover that short term cashflow need. Issuing 1 share (presumably to PIF) would also barely affect the existing 80:10:10 ownership structure.

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Can someone explain what this means to dummies? What have they done or trying to do and how have they done so?

I think it's a way of injecting cash into a business, which is a separate legal entity to a person or other business. You're not allowed to just transfer money into the NUFC account because that's pretty much money laundering so issue a new share or shares in the company and sell those to yourself. Well, technically NUFC sold one new share to PIF for £40 million or whatever. 

A director loan would be another way, the Mike Ashley way, but that counts as debt and not equity (but can later be converted to be).