PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

When looking at Legends Hospitality LLC (which I guess is the company behind this) they seem to have an annual revenue of just shy of $24 million.
Good luck honoring this deal if true. :memelol:

This was my thoughts too, surely this goes tits up :lol:

Edited by r0cafella

6 hours ago, duo said:

Love this..

Enjoyed watching that. What a difference a few months makes. Having hope back is unbelievable. Ive been supporting this club for 40 odd years and got a feeling the best is yet to come in next decade or so.

Remember the talk of this lot wanting to do things slowly, £50m a year budget? :lol: Fuckers went out and spent £25m on Chris Wood as a short term fix for a couple month without batting an eye and are now splashing the cash on an elite level CM in the first window while we're 18th!

5 hours ago, TRon said:

If we stay up this lot will be gunning for the title a lot sooner than the 5-10 year goal they are talking about publicly.

The thing that gave me the most confidence was an article I read pretty early after the takeover, I forget where but it was somewhere trustworthy like the athletic or maybe Hope. It mentioned plans for January and that there was ‘no budget’. If you don’t have a budget you’ve either got no money, or so much that it doesn’t matter…

5 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

The thing that gave me the most confidence was an article I read pretty early after the takeover, I forget where but it was somewhere trustworthy like the athletic or maybe Hope. It mentioned plans for January and that there was ‘no budget’. If you don’t have a budget you’ve either got no money, or so much that it doesn’t matter…

I remember when the takeover went through, there was something in The Athletic about there being “a small amount set aside for January”. If £90 million is a small amount then fuck me sideways, going to be some Summer if we stop up. 

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

See De Marco is coming up for the game next week, wonder if he's now working on something also for the owners?

Breadmaking competition? A stall at the farmer's market? I miss the halcyon days of analyzing his tweets, charcuterie boards and black & white photography. 

24 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Man United are getting 20mil per year for the training kit sponsorship according to the athletic. 

Wonder how much Scrutiny anything we get will come under. 

I honestly can see the sponsorship deals ending up in the competition courts in the future. The owners have already put the shot across the bows and I cannot see them accepting interference from other clubs as it’s anti-competitive and a restraint of trade. Going to interesting to see what sponsorships are announced 

Edited by et tu brute