PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

“Will PIF going to buy any football club in Europe with Newcastle? - Yasser Al rumayyan (PIF Governor) answer : “ it’s will be difficult to do that except buying small club to feed Newcastle “

👏👏

I expect some stick for this. But I kind of hate the way, having deep pockets is the only way to success in football now. Even though we will now probably benefit from the systemic unfairness.

It's difficult to explain how irrelevant the next few seasons on the pitch are going to be in the grand scheme of things. As long as we're at the very least flirting with the Euro spots whilst the empire is being put together we'll be absolutely cush. Qualifying for any European competition this season should be seen as a bonus imo.

11 minutes ago, Klaus said:

I expect some stick for this. But I kind of hate the way, having deep pockets is the only way to success in football now. Even though we will now probably benefit from the systemic unfairness.

I'm not aware of many businesses in the world that do not need finance to succeed.

The more financial clout the greater the success.

You know "I love it" (as someone once said) that we now have the opportunity to try, to challenge and to succeed.

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

“Will PIF going to buy any football club in Europe with Newcastle? - Yasser Al rumayyan (PIF Governor) answer : “ it’s will be difficult to do that except buying small club to feed Newcastle “

got to be honest, i absolutely hate the multi-club ownership model.  must be shite being a fan of, say, palermo, and waking up to find out that your football club with it's entire 100-odd year history is now manchester city's little brother. or being a udinese fan and realizing any decent players you have are going to end up huffing and puffing about the championship for watford.

3 hours ago, enthusiast said:

got to be honest, i absolutely hate the multi-club ownership model.  must be shite being a fan of, say, palermo, and waking up to find out that your football club with it's entire 100-odd year history is now manchester city's little brother. or being a udinese fan and realizing any decent players you have are going to end up huffing and puffing about the championship for watford.

Totally agree! Main reason I felt like 👏👏 

4 hours ago, enthusiast said:

Agree tbh but many of these clubs that are brought into the fold don't actually have that much history of success or have recent catastrophic ownership. Palermo are pretty well supported but are generally a downtrodden southern club who have spent most of their history in the lower divisions rather than Serie A. Their spell in the early 2000s was a high point really - and they recently went bust. The takeover in Palermo was I believe generally well received by fans because for better or worse it spells stability and probably investment compared to the current situation - and likely a route back to the top flight. It's not really much different to the way we have welcomed Saudi ownership after Ashley.

In terms of Udinese there is no doubt that the Pozzo ownership has been good for the club. They've been stable in the top flight, punched above their weight getting into Europe and are one of the few clubs who own their own modern stadium in Italy. They do seem to flick the switch back and forth between which club is the priority but I'd say that overall they've been good owners for Watford too. 6 years in the PL and an FA Cup final is undoubtedly good for Watford who are historically a lower division club.

The model works because more often than not it improved the lot of the club who is bought - even if you're playing second fiddle within the 'family'.

Edited by ponsaelius

6 hours ago, Ikon said:

👏👏

Anyone mentioned that on RTG yet ? Another straw they grasp to seemingly snatched away.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Agree tbh but many of these clubs that are brought into the fold don't actually have that much history of success or have recent catastrophic ownership. Palermo are pretty well supported but are generally a downtrodden southern club who have spent most of their history in the lower divisions rather than Serie A. Their spell in the early 2000s was a high point really - and they recently went bust. The takeover in Palermo was I believe generally well received by fans because for better or worse it spells stability and probably investment compared to the current situation - and likely a route back to the top flight. It's not really much different to the way we have welcomed Saudi ownership after Ashley.

In terms of Udinese there is no doubt that the Pozzo ownership has been good for the club. They've been stable in the top flight, punched above their weight getting into Europe and are one of the few clubs who own their own modern stadium in Italy. They do seem to flick the switch back and forth between which club is the priority but I'd say that overall they've been good owners for Watford too. 6 years in the PL and an FA Cup final is undoubtedly good for Watford who are historically a lower division club.

The model works because more often than not it improved the lot of the club who is bought - even if you're playing second fiddle within the 'family'.

It would be cool if there was some sort of liberation element for the junior clubs in such relationships e.g. after 10-20 years of ownership they're made available for sale to a fans group for something like cost price. So that there's reasonable light at the end of the tunnel at least.