The "delighted Ashley has gone, but uncomfortable with Saudi ownership" thread

UncleBingo

1 hour ago, RS said:

For some reason the rock and roll dog turds always stay in the Viz memory. 

If they reverted to unfunny cartoons to make political statements as highlighted then no wonder it disappeared up its own arse. 

It hasn't, it's not a Viz cartoon - completely separate.

Just drawn by one of the people that does some of their strips.

There is still always a copy of Viz next to my toilet just for the letters alone, which I always have to hide whenever expecting guests, as I'm sure they intended.

Edit - now I feel like Steve Bruce, talking about my sit-down toilet habits, as he did once in an actual premier league press conference, sharing the thoughts he'd had on Newcastle whilst sitting on the big white telephone.

Edited by Abacus

Paul Wicker the tall vicar. "Does the Bible not say, slaggeth off ye not the man known as Wicker lest he should rise up in anger and smite thee a tooth loosening blow that would knock the very bollocks off a mighty elephant"

3 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Top Tips and Up The Arse Corner Corner were great, had a copy of the original Roger's Profanisaurus at one point, I wonder if it's still in my loft.

I brought it with me to the US. Fun seeing what the docs here make of it :lol:

I don’t think I’ve ever laughed as much in my life as when I first read it.

Surprised nobody mentioned Black Bag.

4 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

The best joke Viz ever did was a 3 picture strip.

1st pic: A clown asks a skinhead, in the circus audience, if he is the front end of a donkey, and the skinhead replies "No"

2nd pic: Clown asks "Are you the back end of a horse?" Again the skinhead replies "No"

3rd pic Clown says "then you must be no end of an ass" to which the skinhead says "Fuck off, you red nosed cunt!"

Yeah, I remember that one! It was tagged "Chuckles the Clown, he's a barrel of laughs" or something like that.

My favourite three panel strip from early Viz was "Tom And Gerry" (sic)

The first panel was a Roy Lichtenstein-type big "Whaaapp!" exclamation.

The second panel was a close-up of Tom saying "A-ha!"

The third panel was zoomed out to Tom, next to Jerry dead in a mousetrap, saying "Got the bastard!"

5 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Wasnt much of a Viz reader myself but even just saying Thieving Gypsy Bastards makes me giggle.

Still don't know to this day how they got away with that. I think after some complaints they put another strip called the awfully nice Gypsie bastards or something along those lines. :lol:

37 minutes ago, Decky said:

They replied to that comic strip with this.

Tagging Ginola and Shearer ffs. :lol: So are we all guilty of Saudi crimes now too by association?

All for people having a pop at the Saudis but Christ on a bike that is some fucking lifting patter. 

TOP TIPS,

"Anorexics, when your knee's are wider than your legs it's time to start eating cake again."

A mate of mine worked for them and was in a "Photo-love story" called Whitley Bay watch, as an aside his gaffer, (Chris/Simon Donaldson possibly) had a totally black and white bathroom and the only bit of colour was an SAFC badge in the bottom of the toilet.:mackems: