Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Got all the characteristics to be a top manager like. His dealing with the media is impeccable, love it when he acknowledges a "good" question. Never hides from anything. He's also shown he is brilliant at getting the best out of a squad of players. Just need to improve the quality.

31 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Rafa-ing his way to safety, give him players like Bruno all over the park and watch us fly high! He’s clearly learned his defensive shit from time out and we all know how attack minded he really is, if he can combine the two… bingo, or is it Bruno?!

Aye the defence looked amazing last game 

42 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

29 points from 20 games in charge. Averages out at 55 points in a season. Solid.

This also doesn't take into account the games we should have won, Norwich home, Man U home, Chelsea away etc.

He's been outstanding. Every player has improved under him and it's great to see.

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Not at all. Bloke is an absolute credit to the club no matter what happens from here IMO. Keeping us in the league is absolutely massive in the wider scheme of things.

When he came in the only aim was avoiding relegation. What we've got so far has exceeded expectations massively. This love and excitement in not even half a season has been an amazing surprise. The difference in 21 games is insane. 

Absolute credit to the club. Indeed. I liked the way he seemed to shrink a little, when talking about the city and fans. It just felt very respectful, as if he was more than happy to take a back seat to it.

Dunno if I imagined it.

Another thing I might have imagined during the post match interview with Wood. How much joy is Jamie Carragher getting out of this? Never really liked him, but he's loving it. 

The past 14 years pundits have been coming to a simmering, rage-filled cesspool that probably left a sour taste [as if I care], but it all contributes to us becoming a top club.

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Another thing I might have imagined during the post match interview with Wood. How much joy is Jamie Carragher getting out of this? Never really liked him, but he's loving it. 

The past 14 years pundits have been coming to a simmering, rage-filled cesspool that probably left a sour taste [as if I care], but it all contributes to us becoming a top club.

There is a clip of him saying how he used to hate coming to SJP for Sky Sports as it was so negative and dull, but since the take over its back to life and he loves it. 

Aye those fan forum things with Neville, Keane and Carragher are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, enjoy watching them. Carragher's input is generally less than the other two (doesn't like the sound of his own voice and isn't as interested in cultivating a persona like Keane) but he's generally spot on and at the very least doesn't seem to have an axe to grind with us (neither does Neville to be fair who is usually positive about us), unlike Keane who's a miserable tosser a lot of the time. Had some hilarious points to make about Everton in the last one.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

49 minutes ago, Adam said:

This one? 

Great interview in every respect. Nice to hear interviewers give the interviewee time to speak and articulate thoughts rather than setting them up for one line, rent a quote, responses too