Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

What's the odds on him rocking up at Cardiff when MicMacMackem gets the bullet? Would show him up as the greedy money loving cunt he is if he did!

Edit: Sorry can this be moved to the Bruce thread please?

Edited by Beth

13 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

We fucking better not be asking Harry Redknapp for advice :facepalm:

He’s most likely filled out an “manager appointment dossier” with an invoice for “services rendered” at the bottom.

Also remember him sitting in a Rover similar to Bruce’s back when he got stitched up. Is it a requirement of the PFM mandate? 🧐

It's easy to imagine DOF/manager pairings based on the names we've been linked to. Campos/Fonesca, Rangnick/Favre, Overmars/Ten Haag. All three would be brilliant, let's face it. :lol: But in the case of Fonesca since he's the favourite, the 'risky' elements of his appointment would probably be offset by having such a good DOF arriving with him.

7 minutes ago, buzz said:

It's easy to imagine DOF/manager pairings based on the names we've been linked to. Campos/Fonesca, Rangnick/Favre, Overmars/Ten Haag. All three would be brilliant, let's face it. :lol: But in the case of Fonesca since he's the favourite, the 'risky' elements of his appointment would probably be offset by having such a good DOF arriving with him.

Not Lampard/Uncle 'Arry, then?

3 hours ago, madras said:

I regularly had a go at him in the championship for being too pragmatic in the championship when he had the largest and most talented squad there.

Also we should use the same standards for Bruce then, do you think he wanted Joelinton ?

I do not know what you are trying to say here. Newcastle won the Championship and yes, Steve Bruce gave the go ahead for Joelinton and for a whole season played him as the main striker. The same Joelinton Rafa refused to sign.

Edited by Misa

3 hours ago, CFlan said:

Probably going against the tide here but I have no desire for Rafa to return. Was gutted when he left and all but I’d rather a completely fresh setup. 

Going to agree here. We've had five years of watching 30% possession football, and I'm ready for a change. I watched the Everton game last week, and it was eerily familiar, Everton sitting back and allowing West Ham the lion's share of the ball. He'll get it right at Everton given a fair crack of the whip though, he's missing some key players at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Misa said:

I do not know what you are trying to say here. Newcastle won the Championship and yes, Steve Bruce gave the go ahead for Joelinton and for a whole season played him as the main striker. The same Joelinton Rafa refused to sign.

We won it thanks to a Jack Grealish fluke and that team was never allowed to dominate that league like it should.

I'm sure rhe Joelinton deal was set up regardless of what Bruce wanted. We were told it was set up even when Rafa was here.

Edited by madras

Observations from today’s game, but it isn’t new and has been like this for the last two years. You guys could probably add to this as well:

• We can’t keep possession of the ball anywhere other than in the back line
  • We can’t seem to pass more than three passes without giving it a way, panicking and kicking it long / losing it short or kicking it out of touch
  • We can’t defend set pieces
  • We can’t defend crosses
  • We can’t stop crosses coming into the box from wide areas
  • We can’t defend the long pass in behind 
  • We struggle with our offside line
  • We can’t attack set pieces very well
  • We don’t seem to work on corner or free kick routines 
  • We always seem to end up offering the opportunity of a quick counter attack where the opposition look more likely than we do to score from our own corner 
  • We always seem to lose the ball from our own throw-ins
  • In fact, the only tactic we seem to have from throw-ins is a long throw and the guy who takes it can’t even throw it that long
  • We are slow to react to everything so the press is always weak
  • We are never as fit as the opposition 
  • we make the opposition look like Barcelona in their prime 

Whoever becomes the new manager has his work cut out big time 

Whoever comes in, it will take a few games to get this lot moving and passing with any fluency. Could be like when Keegan came back last time when it took him 8 games before he got our first win, and then we were up and running.