Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Jaqen said:

It's going to be proper annoying if we lose Emery to Howe, all because we leaked Howe was the other candidate like [emoji38]

I think of they announced Howe a few weeks ago alot more people would have been on board with it. 

Maybe Howe leaked it so he could get the job......

boom-mind-blown.gif

Quite like Eddie Howe tbh, he would have been towards the bottom of my shortlist. I see him similar to Graham Potter and don’t hold the Bournemouth relegation against him, I think that was always going to happen eventually. If Emery is out though I would go for Favre.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, Sima said:

Howe is the cunt I'd actively avoid if I'd been carted to a BBQ full of strangers by the missus.

[emoji38] Aye totally.

Edited by reefatoon

3 minutes ago, triggs said:

Winning titles in Ukraine with Shakhtar isn't a massive achievement like

Three league titles, three cups and a super cup in Ukraine. I get it's not world beating stuff, but he also guided Roma to 5th and Europa League semis, plus managed in Portugal at a young age. Howe's career isn't really comparable in terms of success at all. At least Fonseca has it and shown he can operate in multiple leagues and countries to a degree.

Just now, St1pe said:

Have I missed something but why is everyone now certain it’s Howe?

The leak yesterday said the final choice was between Emery & Howe so if it’s not Emery it’ll surely be Howe

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, St1pe said:

Have I missed something but why is everyone now certain it’s Howe?

Because we much prefer to be miserable than happy.

Edited by reefatoon

Just can't envisage PIF signing off on Eddie Howe. Relegation on CV, no experience managing under big pressure at a very demanding club. Seems totally illogical to me, even if he is a talented coach, which I think he is. The whole thing is weird.

4 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Quite like Eddie Howe tbh, he would have been towards the bottom of my shortlist. I see him similar to Graham Potter and don’t hold the Bournemouth relegation against him, I think that was always going to happen eventually. If Emery is out though I would go for Favre.

I do wonder why Favre was screened out.

49 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

I remember the v early days of the City Arab regime being absolutely dysfunctional as well before they brought in a few experienced hands to steady the ship. At the moment we are like a gang of smack heads who’ve just found a duffel bag full of cash and pure brown in the woods - we don’t know what to do first and the result is pure liquified chaos. 

City fan here
The days of the Mansour take over were far from dysfunctional, you may be thinking of the loud mouth front man who was very soon dispatched. Mansour published a letter to fans out lining his vision for the club The t/o completed on transfer deadline day and to make a statement we signed Robinho. At the time the squad was in reasonably good shape with Hughes in place which was maintained for a good while. The management of the business was in very good hands with a structure put in place by Taskin Shinawatra, Garry Cooke was the CEO with Brain Marwood as Dof. Cooke had been slowly organizing the club and it was in every department on a sound footing. Mansour appointed "his friend" Khaldoon Al Murbarak as chairman and he is still in place KAM is an international business man, highly experienced in running multi national companies, and it is clear that he had a vision of where he wanted the club to go. In time he brought in ex Barca CEO Ferran Soriano who had a vision for what has become the City Football Group The whole organization is a million miles from when they took over, akin to a corner shop becoming Tesco
IMHO I would say that your new owners have a much more difficult job, due to the years of neglect of the previous owner, they need to build a sound base of experienced people, an CEO who has run a football business with the right contacts in football I know you wont agree but they should have backed Bruce asked for some patience from the fans and get a DoF who could then find a new manager 
I wish the club well and look forward to competing on every front and, hopefully soon lets put the red-shirts firmly in their place 

1 minute ago, Gordyola said:

City fan here
The days of the Mansour take over were far from dysfunctional, you may be thinking of the loud mouth front man who was very soon dispatched. Mansour published a letter to fans out lining his vision for the club The t/o completed on transfer deadline day and to make a statement we signed Robinho. At the time the squad was in reasonably good shape with Hughes in place which was maintained for a good while. The management of the business was in very good hands with a structure put in place by Taskin Shinawatra, Garry Cooke was the CEO with Brain Marwood as Dof. Cooke had been slowly organizing the club and it was in every department on a sound footing. Mansour appointed "his friend" Khaldoon Al Murbarak as chairman and he is still in place KAM is an international business man, highly experienced in running multi national companies, and it is clear that he had a vision of where he wanted the club to go. In time he brought in ex Barca CEO Ferran Soriano who had a vision for what has become the City Football Group The whole organization is a million miles from when they took over, akin to a corner shop becoming Tesco
IMHO I would say that your new owners have a much more difficult job, due to the years of neglect of the previous owner, they need to build a sound base of experienced people, an CEO who has run a football business with the right contacts in football I know you wont agree but they should have backed Bruce asked for some patience from the fans and get a DoF who could then find a new manager 
I wish the club well and look forward to competing on every front and, hopefully soon lets put the red-shirts firmly in their place 

Everything you said is welcomed minus the Bruce bit :lol: 

I think for me it’s not even the fact that Howe just isn’t a very good manager , it’s more the fact that this is the type of appointment we would have made under Ashley and we were supposed to have left all that behind and be more ambitious now. I never expected us to go out and get Conte but Eddie Howe ffs, it makes me wonder the level of player we will be after in January if this is the best we can do manager wise.

Howe would surely agree to stay if we go down and in fairness would probably make a good manager for a successful first attempt at promotion.

But personally would much rather just take a chance on Favre or Fonseca for the here and now

Just now, Geogaddi said:

I think for me it’s not even the fact that Howe just isn’t a very good manager , it’s more the fact that this is the type of appointment we would have made under Ashley and we were supposed to have left all that behind and be more ambitious now. I never expected us to go out and get Conte but Eddie Howe ffs, it makes me wonder the level of player we will be after in January if this is the best we can do manager wise.

Why isn't Howe a good manager? Apologies if you've already explained.