Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

We're after a European standard manager, at least, for very potentially Championship team. This isn't an easy sell at this stage. If it was end of the season and we'd stayed up by the skin of our teeth but were getting a new man in to build and start a new season, I doubt it'd be this difficult. But we're asking top rated managers to take a couple of weeks to decide to uproot from where they live, abandon a project they're doing well in (otherwise we wouldn't be after them), be confident in a plan with to execute in 2 months, with all the difficulties that surrounds that and negotiations with whoever and get an awful team winning games. With awful facilities and no backbone of staff ready to work with. 

I think a lot of people who havent paid as much attention to NUFC over the years due to our awful owner don't seem aware of the scale of the task at hand here. And how it can very easily be turned down by whoever we might fancy because they're already in a very cushy place. Id be disappointed with Howe given the excitement and dreams of what we could possibly achieve, but at the same time, we're not too big for Eddie Howe right now. Far from it. All thee managers we'd be excited about are well out of our league. We've only got rich owners. We're not a rich club yet. We're awful. Everywhere. How do you convince Emery or the likes to come and train our players on our training ground all with such uncertainty. I'm not saying it's impossible to do so, but all these people bemoaning the new owners saying they should have had all this sorted are completely fanciful imo. It's the awful online football crack you get on Twitter. No clue. This is all going to be very difficult.

Dont want Howe. Dont want Lampard. Dont want Gerrard. :lol: I mean I dont really either, but as NUFC fans if we're going in to all of this with that level of entitlement we're fucking idiots. 4 weeks to completely transform a multi million pound organisation, man. Unreal. :lol: 

What I find baffling about Howe, is that it's the sort of manager we could have attracted under Ashley purely to upgrade on Bruce. Seems incredible we end up with new owners who want to properly take us to places we never could under Ashley, and we kick that off with a manager that wasn't out of reach before we were took over. 

I'm probably being harsh on Howe, but given our challenges and current position - I suspect it will be a huge struggle for him to genuinely turn things around well, attract worthwhile signings in January and ensure we stay up.

Just now, Dokko said:

£300m is inferior investment? They showed more ambition than half the league and backed him at every opportunity. 

Was under the impression it was closer to £250m, which sounds a lot but doesn't go that far when you've been promoted from the pits of English football and had to overhaul an entire squad. 

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I for one am enjoying the warm, comforting feeling of the club still being a basketcase.

:lol: just pull that blanket over ye. Overhauling the club structure is going to produce one of those Masterclass videos in Change Management. 

We and the new owners are feeling the burn of Ashely's mismanagement. We're going to be mired in his mess for longer than we'd all want unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

We're after a European standard manager, at least, for very potentially Championship team. This isn't an easy sell at this stage. If it was end of the season and we'd stayed up by the skin of our teeth but were getting a new man in to build and start a new season, I doubt it'd be this difficult. But we're asking top rated managers to take a couple of weeks to decide to uproot from where they live, abandon a project they're doing well in (otherwise we wouldn't be after them), be confident in a plan with to execute in 2 months, with all the difficulties that surrounds that and negotiations with whoever and get an awful team winning games. With awful facilities and no backbone of staff ready to work with. 

I think a lot of people who havent paid as much attention to NUFC over the years due to our awful owner don't seem aware of the scale of the task at hand here. And how it can very easily be turned down by whoever we might fancy because they're already in a very cushy place. Id be disappointed with Howe given the excitement and dreams of what we could possibly achieve, but at the same time, we're not too big for Eddie Howe right now. Far from it. All thee managers we'd be excited about are well out of our league. We've only got rich owners. We're not a rich club yet. We're awful. Everywhere. How do you convince Emery or the likes to come and train our players on our training ground all with such uncertainty. I'm not saying it's impossible to do so, but all these people bemoaning the new owners saying they should have had all this sorted are completely fanciful imo. It's the awful online football crack you get on Twitter. No clue. This is all going to be very difficult.

Dont want Howe. Dont want Lampard. Dont want Gerrard. :lol: I mean I dont really either, but as NUFC fans if we're going in to all of this with that level of entitlement we're fucking idiots. 4 weeks to completely transform a multi million pound organisation, man. Unreal. :lol: 

You do make a good point regarding entitlement. Imagine not wanting Howe while Bruce and Ashley were still here.

It will be massively underwhelming after apparently being so close to getting Emery though.

The problem is relegation would set us back massively, and I personally think we would likely go down with Howe in charge.

10 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

If we end up with Howe I'll be gutted. We need someone who can organise a defense.

His Bournemouth was literally known for leaking a lot of goals.

They also stayed up comfortably in all but one of the seasons he was in charge despite this. If we’ve got someone who has a plan and can implement it I’m not too concerned about the goals against column. Go and have a look at some of the batterings we had under Keegan when he first took over and he still kept us up before taking us on that adventure.